Halo 3 inch cans are sagging

prashuFebruary 13, 2010

Hi,

I'm here for help again. I installed a few Halo 3" non-IC recessed fixtures. They don't sit flush to the ceiling. So, when I install the trim there is space between the ceiling and the trim (black baffle square trim) and it looks ugly. Here is the documentation of the product:

http://www.haloltg.com/common/brands.cfm?pg=Detail&brandName=Halo&category=Recessed%20Downlighting%3A%203%22%20Incandescent%20and%20Low%20Voltage%3A%203%22%20Housings&id=14538

I followed the instructions properly, but seems like there is some trick to it. Please let me know if you have any solution. Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

prashu.

Here is a link that might be useful: Halo 3 inch non-IC recessed kit documentation

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dim4fun

Please provide more details. What do you mean by,"they don't sit flush to the ceiling? If the cylinder is hanging down the trim can't fix that. You may need to adjust the cylinder up.

Other issues can be that the bar hangers are not fastened securely or flex when you push up on the trims and the housing sags back down leaving a gap. To correct for this may require some tapping plus some jiggling to get the trim flush.

Bookmark   February 20, 2010 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
Can I use a light fixture to define an entry??
We do not have a foyer. Our front door opens into the...
meanne74
Help with different types of LED recessed lighting please!
Can someone explain the basic differences in the different...
Michelle
dining area lighting dilemma
We are building our retirement home, and have a large...
golfergirl29
Any opinions on "all-in-one" housing/trim/bulb LED combo kits?
There are a couple "all-in-one" recessed...
progressnerd
Bulkhead pots in teeny bathroom
I'm so not a lighting expert! What's the forum members'...
Studio Design
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™