UCL finally installed - for those interested

mountaineergirlFebruary 27, 2011

I thought I posted this last night, but it's not showing up anywhere, and I didn't check to see if it did before going to bed, so here it goes again :)

We installed LED light bars from environmentallights.com. We got their "older" version, not the new high brightness ones that are much higher. We did get these at a discount because they are phasing these out. It would have cost twice as much for 15-20% brighter lights - something we couldn't rationalize. The power supply, lights bars, dimmers and interconnect items were roughly $500. As you know, LED should last 10 years, but who knows about the electronics inside the lights? so we bought a little extra in case a bar goes bad.

The lights look way more bluish in the pics than in real life. We purchased the "neutral white" (4000K) and in hind sight I think the "soft white" (3000K) may have been better. The reason I chose the neutral white was because of the lumens, and I wanted to make sure they were bright enough. No worries! they are plenty bright, and I love the dimming capability.

So here are the pics

again, I took these with my iphone, so not quality photos. The lights are a really nice white light. AND we highly recommend environmentallights.com Dealt with a guy named Bruce. They are extremely helpful.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fredinva

Your install looks really nice.

as info, last week I saw ucl light bars at Sams (good price!!).

fred

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 10:24PM
David

Congratulations!

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 11:57PM
bh401

Looks good! Enjoy!!

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 3:15PM
mountaineergirl

I wanted to post additional pictures taken with a better camera that doesn't make the lighting look so blue. This is the first time I have ever had UCL and let me just say I think its the best invention EVER! LOL especially for those of us over 50 whose eyesight isn't what it once was...

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 9:20PM
bh401

back to page 1 with you!

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 9:24PM
willinak

Mountaingirl, which model did you get?

Bookmark   March 24, 2011 at 6:57PM
mountaineergirl

I used the regular ones, not the "High Brightness" ones, which were quite a bit more $$ and I am really happy with these. I seriously think the High Brightness ones would be overkill for UCL. You could dim them but why pay for more brightness just to dim them? I dim the ones I have at night.

Someone on another thread claimed their LED lights lost their brightness after 6 months. I would be so upset if that happens, after paying nearly $500! But I thought it possibly had to do with their power supply going bad, I don't know tho.

Here's the link again to the lights I have...

Here is a link that might be useful: My UCL lights

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 3:25PM
More Discussions
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
wldougall
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
ontariomom
Bulkhead pots in teeny bathroom
I'm so not a lighting expert! What's the forum members'...
Studio Design
Outdoor pendant lights for tree
I'm looking to recreate something like this installation...
jamescmeehan
New kitchen lights - regular cans with retrofIt LED kit or LED cans?
Frankly, I don't know what "LED cans" look...
linae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™