Oxygen Bleaches

iasheffSeptember 18, 2007

I tried to run a search but I wasn't able to find anything on this...

Is there a big difference between the different brands of oxygen cleaners? I see Oxyclean on the shelves with Sun Oxygen Cleaner right next to it at less than half the price. Is there much difference in the cleaning ability of different brands? I don't want to buy the cheaper brand if it isn't going to work as well but if it does the job, I am all for saving some money!

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sparky823

Some of the other brands are a lot filler and less cleaner.
The best one is Ecover-it is 100% without the filler.

Bookmark   September 18, 2007 at 3:58PM
mc_hudd

I use the Sun brand. I have never personally used the Oxy Clean brand, but I'm definitly satisfied w/ Sun. My fiance builds bridges so his clothes are filthy and I use @ least 1 scoop in each load of his clothes, so I would probably go bankrupt using Oxy Clean... LOL. If you're skeptical I would just buy one tub of each. Then you can compare & hopefully you'll see that there isn't any difference (except for price) and be able to buy Sun from now on.

Bookmark   September 18, 2007 at 5:04PM
justjustin

I have used Oxyclean, Shout Oxypowder and Ultra Sun. Shout Oxypowder was the best, but it has been since discontinued. Now I buy the Sun powder and find it works just as well as Oxyclean. In my opinion, just save your money and go for it.

Justin

Bookmark   September 18, 2007 at 6:16PM
pecanfudge

I used to use Oxiclean, but I now I use Sun Oxygen Cleaner and it does as good a job as Oxiclean for less money.

Bookmark   September 19, 2007 at 10:59AM
iasheff

I bought the Sun Oxygen Cleaner and have used it for one load... the grass stains are gone off the knees so it is working to my expectations!! $1.81 is a lot easier to pay than $6 if it is going to work as well!!

Thanks!!

Bookmark   September 19, 2007 at 2:37PM
parrot_phan

Biokleen's Oxygen Bleach Plus claims it is 3x more concentrated -- but fails to say more concentrated than what.

Does anyone have the data on this? How does it compare to Ecover oxy?

Bookmark   September 19, 2007 at 3:15PM
iasheff

In looking around on the internet, I can across this website-- and it was really informative.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oxygen Bleach Research

Bookmark   September 19, 2007 at 3:26PM
pinktoes

iasheff: thanks for your link. Very interesting article and nice that they actually listed and linked all those products. I've been using BiOKleen as my dishwasher detergent for years now and it's very effective, doesn't take much and doesn't smell up the kitchen.

Have only used borax as a bleach. With asthma I get attacks triggered by a lot of traditional commercial products. But now I see a toilet bowl cleaner listed that's based on oxygen bleach. That I'll definitely try.

Bookmark   September 19, 2007 at 5:17PM
jerrod6

So we are suspose to find products with high concentrations of sodium percarbonate. ----

Bookmark   September 22, 2007 at 6:19PM
iasheff

I wish products listed the percentages on the labels... or there was an easy way of determining the concentrations....

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 2:29PM
More Discussions
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Sad FS discovery
I've never been one to over think the use of FS. I...
andi2928
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Do any of you use Ammonia in your laundry?
A friend of mine says she uses ammonia in her wash...
mark40511
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™