How did you choose your 2nd floor washer? (Samsung or Bosch?)

kris680September 28, 2010

OK, I'm rephrasing an earlier question - while still looking for general feedback on the Samsung and Bosch front load washers I'd also like to hear if anyone made a decision on their washer/dryer purchase because of it being on a 2nd floor. I want to replace and existing old w/d that's located in a 2nd floor laundry room (that's next to the master bedrm). Again, thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oregpsnow

I beleive a number of posters here have had to return their Bosch machines because of vibration, whether on the first or second floor. You might try a search of the old posts and see what comes up. The way the house is built is important too, and it can be difficult to know if you will have a problem before you try it. Be sure you can return them if they are a problem.

Samsung is supposed to be good for vibration but they do seem to have other issues (I know - all brands have some issues).

Good luck with your shopping. I am almost at the 4 year mark on my Whirlpool set and have been very happy.

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 6:00PM
momof3kids

I moved my laundry to the 2nd floor and did a lot of research. I ended up with a Bosch - mostly because they were tried and true, taller and bigger with the controls on top (I am 5-8) and I didn't want pedestals. I thought pedestals would make the machines vibrate more and be less stable. I got them 3 yrs ago before they offered the new water flood control - I had concerns about water damage but haven't had any issues at all. I still love my Bosch!

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 7:19AM
kris680

Momof3kids - do you mind my asking which Bosch you selected?

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 9:37PM
nerdyshopper

I did get a Samsung because of it's vibration control feature. I'm not on a second floor but was so afraid about problems with durability that I read about with essentially all other brands that I also installed a second subfloor of 3/4 inch thick plywood over my existing floor. I then used hardyboard with thinset under it and under the new tile I installed. That has been totally sucessful to date. My washer is about 2 years old now. I do have a lot of quibbles about Samsungs design in other ways. Sometimes get pretty frustrated with the instructions and their computr controlled energy saver water rationing expecially.

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 7:11AM
gentlewasher

Had trouble with other aspects of the Samsung washers (not very gentle on soft T-shirts and towels), but neither machine I have tried has had any problems with vibration (though the machine is on the ground floor).

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 11:37PM
More Discussions
Fisher Paykel Washer/Dryer
Sears is now carrying Fisher Paykel washers and dryers....
phyllisb
Speed Queen washer
When you all are discussing your Speed Queen, did you...
maylingsmom
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprillh
How to access Program Mode in Miele W3038
After almost four years without a washer yesterday...
recordaras
My LG FL is pilling my clothes
I have looked up every resource I know to help me with...
jessvb7
Sponsored Products
L'EQUIP MUZ6CP1 Cookie Paddles - White - MUZ6CP1
$22.99 | Hayneedle
Samsung Galaxy III Power Case
$69.95 | FRONTGATE
Bosch MUM4405UC Compact Mixer - White - MUM4405UC
$199.99 | Hayneedle
Bosch MUM6N10UC Universal Plus Kitchen Machine
Overstock.com
Mighty Purse Poppy Pink Phone Charging Clutch
Classic Hostess