How did you choose your 2nd floor washer? (Samsung or Bosch?)

kris680September 28, 2010

OK, I'm rephrasing an earlier question - while still looking for general feedback on the Samsung and Bosch front load washers I'd also like to hear if anyone made a decision on their washer/dryer purchase because of it being on a 2nd floor. I want to replace and existing old w/d that's located in a 2nd floor laundry room (that's next to the master bedrm). Again, thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oregpsnow

I beleive a number of posters here have had to return their Bosch machines because of vibration, whether on the first or second floor. You might try a search of the old posts and see what comes up. The way the house is built is important too, and it can be difficult to know if you will have a problem before you try it. Be sure you can return them if they are a problem.

Samsung is supposed to be good for vibration but they do seem to have other issues (I know - all brands have some issues).

Good luck with your shopping. I am almost at the 4 year mark on my Whirlpool set and have been very happy.

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 6:00PM
momof3kids

I moved my laundry to the 2nd floor and did a lot of research. I ended up with a Bosch - mostly because they were tried and true, taller and bigger with the controls on top (I am 5-8) and I didn't want pedestals. I thought pedestals would make the machines vibrate more and be less stable. I got them 3 yrs ago before they offered the new water flood control - I had concerns about water damage but haven't had any issues at all. I still love my Bosch!

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 7:19AM
kris680

Momof3kids - do you mind my asking which Bosch you selected?

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 9:37PM
nerdyshopper

I did get a Samsung because of it's vibration control feature. I'm not on a second floor but was so afraid about problems with durability that I read about with essentially all other brands that I also installed a second subfloor of 3/4 inch thick plywood over my existing floor. I then used hardyboard with thinset under it and under the new tile I installed. That has been totally sucessful to date. My washer is about 2 years old now. I do have a lot of quibbles about Samsungs design in other ways. Sometimes get pretty frustrated with the instructions and their computr controlled energy saver water rationing expecially.

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 7:11AM
gentlewasher

Had trouble with other aspects of the Samsung washers (not very gentle on soft T-shirts and towels), but neither machine I have tried has had any problems with vibration (though the machine is on the ground floor).

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 11:37PM
More Discussions
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Goodbye Kenmore HE2T/Whirlpool Sport, I hate you!
Im so done with this piece of junk washing machine....
Mark
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™