Larger Halogen Pendants? (x-post decorating)

midwifekimFebruary 2, 2010

We will have a 4 x 8 foot island (all one level) in an open plan room. I would like 2 pendants about 7-10" diameter. Our title 24/ architect calls for halogens on a wire system suspended in a skylight opening. Sounds nice, but all of the halogens I have found that work like that (Tech lighting style) are tiny spots. Our style is warm modern, eclectic, industrial-organic... natural wood and white cabs, concrete counters, and green views. Looking for something white or clear, very neutral, and a bit larger. Or do you think something small would work (as 2)? Our chandelier is a clear glass PB transitional style. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
normclc

Most of the companies like Tech, LBL, WAC, etc. have a good selection of larger pendants, but be careful.
I would worry that the weight of the larger pendants that you want to use may be too heavy for a cable system, causing a droop in the cables.
Another option is to use more smaller pendants, perhaps 3 or 4.
Skylights over an island always create a challenge for anyone trying to light the island effectively, a fact that is usually considered too late in the building process.

Bookmark   February 5, 2010 at 10:52AM
More Discussions
Can I use a light fixture to define an entry??
We do not have a foyer. Our front door opens into the...
meanne74
Do LED lights put out enough light
I am looking at Moooi Raimond chandeliers. According...
mrsargent
looking for some direction choosing leds for family room
I want to add some recessed led lights to the family...
gwald
Has Anything Changed In Recessed LCD Lighting Since 2012?!?
GW, Hello everyone! Just wanted to say that this is...
AndrewDK
2015 Title 24 and LEDs
Hello all, I'm looking to install LEDs in a house that...
elcabezon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™