Need faucet for laundry sink

dowbrightSeptember 2, 2012

I just bought a small Swanstone Veritek laundry sink. Alas, though, I've never had one before and don't have any idea what kind of faucet to get. The tub is a cheap one, not a "nice" one, but I do need a faucet that's reliable and will last. Any suggestions? I know nothing on this topic, and when I search for faucet suggestions, all that comes up is more places to buy the darn sink. I guess I'm not wording it wisely! Please help? Thank you! :D

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cavimum

Check the Lowe's and Home Depot web sites, search for a single-handle kitchen faucet made by Delta. Then put in your price range. The one we have in our laundry room is in the $50-$100 range on the search. The nice thing about Delta is that you can always get parts. Ours is 26 years old, and I recently had to have a $25 "kit" of some sort replaced inside the ball-and-joint part, where the handle rotates. That was waaay cheaper than buying a new faucet.

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 5:25PM
kris_zone6

I just installed a Delta 978-DST faucet in my laundry sink. My sink appears to be similar to yours. I love it, the spout swivels and has a pull-out spray. Makes me wonder why I put up with the standard utility faucet for so long.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 10:55AM
julie999

Single handle kitchen faucet with a tall neck and a pull-out sprayer. Any reliable brand will be fine.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 12:01PM
housefairy

If you have a Costco check out their faucets. I've had good luck with the current one that has been in the laundry room for a couple decades. I also put one purchased from Costco into the RV probably five years ago. Haven't had any issues with either one.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 11:41PM
dowbright

You people are awesome! I chose the Delta 978-DST. I can't believe the immediate and personal feedback I get here. LOVE this forum! Thanks a million, kids. :D

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 2:35PM
More Discussions
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Sad FS discovery
I've never been one to over think the use of FS. I...
andi2928
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™