Cat hair on the sheets!

stir_fryiSeptember 20, 2012

I wash in hot (sometimes with bleach) and tumble dry -- when I make the bed I still see hair!!

Is it my washer or is it just hopeless??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Water temperature has no relation to flushing away hair.

Washers nowadays may not handle pet hair very well, particularly low-water HE machines. Expect that the dryer will do more to clear it away.

Try drying with a softener sheet which may help reduce static so the hair can be pulled off the fabric into the dryer's filter.

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 2:55PM
dualref

Dadoes is right. Newer washing machines (FL) don't have lint filters and depend on the dryer for lint/pet hair removal.
We have four large dogs. When we wash their dog beds there is at least 1/2 inch coating of hair floating on top of the water while washing(TL machine). I use a 4inch screen filter that is concave and just skim the top of the water with it. All the hair eventually gets picked up and we never see any in the dryer.
Or you could find a vintage GE Filter Flow machine, those filtered the wash water while washing and would get every last bit of hair out of the wash!

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 3:01AM
aa62579

Haven't tried it yet myself, but on another board it was recommended to tumble dry first for 15 minutes or so, then wash as normal, and then a final tumble dry. (Making sure to clean out the lint filter between sessions.

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 2:11PM
dave1812

the dryer is your only hope for hair removal. try running it on "tumble only" for quite a while after everything is dry. the washer won't remove hair.

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 10:01PM
More Discussions
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™