HE washing machine with manually adjustable water levels?

newmamaSeptember 29, 2009

I've been trying to find a high efficiency machine that allows for some manual adjustment of water levels, but all I've been able to find so far is the GE Profile WPRE6150 & WPRE8150.

Does anyone know of any other HE washing machines that allow the user to manually select the water levels?

I love automatic water levels for all our needs except cloth diapers. When washing diapers, I want to be able to do a manual override of the auto-sensing water levels, so that I can add more water for rinsing detergent & urea residue out of the diapers.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

The Infusor agitator on the two GE models you cite is similar to the impeller/washplate of the Oasis/Cabrio/Bravos, AquaSmart, and Harmony, but has a short centerpost (which may help reduce tangling). I suspect that the highest fill is no more than to top of the Infusor post ... which may be about the same as what the Oasis/Cabrio/Bravos do on a Bulky cycle. However, both models do provide for manual control of the water level (in addition to a choice for automatic sensing), so you could run a moderate-size load of diapers on the highest fill and probably meet your needs for water and rinsing.

Bookmark   September 29, 2009 at 4:32PM
cynic

Dadoes, doesn't one (or more) of the F&P allow a full tub water fill? Sort of a combination HE and non-he in one?

Bookmark   September 29, 2009 at 11:39PM
dadoes

All F&P agitator models (EcoSmart and Intuitive Eco) are deep-fill machines with five water levels selected either manually or by auto-sensing. They're EnergyStar, but not considered HE.

The AquaSmart models (which are cousins to the Oasis/Cabrio/Bravos) are HE machines, and offer an option for deep-fill (but still auto-sensed, I believe) on several cycles.

Bookmark   September 30, 2009 at 1:57AM
newmama

dadoes and cynic, thank you so much! I am unbelievably impressed by how much you two know. I'm going to look into the GE and F&P models right now. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks again for all your help!!! :)

Bookmark   September 30, 2009 at 4:44AM
deutsch100

Miele will allow a Miele Technician to add Water Plus to the wash cycles and the Rinse Cycles. We just had it done to our new Miele W4840 washer...and I LOVE it. The clothes are cleaner, and much better rinsed!

Bookmark   October 18, 2009 at 11:42AM
mara_2008

newmama, if you buy a Bravos washing machine, it will have a 5 cu ft capacity (largest on the market), and the Bulky cycle will completely submerge the diapers in water.

Other cycles don't use as much water.

I would definitely recommend that you get the internal water heater for washing diapers.

Bookmark   October 18, 2009 at 12:35PM
More Discussions
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™