Electrolux door swap - anyone successfully done it

gaw1September 22, 2011

I purchased an Electrolux Wave 70 based on info that the door can be switched. The store I bought it from has tried to switch the door on two washers unsuccessfully. And to top it off says they've never successfully seen it done on the washer (apparently dryer is easier.) A local service guy in the area says he does it all the time without a problem.

Has anyone had the washer door switched? Does the door still pop open and swing back or just open and stay close to the opening.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dianne47

First, call the customer support department at Electrolux. They might be able to send you an instruction sheet by e-mail. If they say the job can be done, talk to that "local service guy" and ask him what he would charge. It's pretty amazing that a store can sell a washer and not be able to switch the door - IF it can be changed.

Bookmark   September 27, 2011 at 1:00AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CharterOps

My IQ Touch came with the instructions step-by-step but it seemed like so much work for something very trival to me; that I decided it wasn't worth trying my hand at swapping the door swing direction.

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 8:43AM
More Discussions
Whirlpool Cabrio top loaders vs LG?
Hi all. I am interested in Whirlpool because we can...
jennifer2413
Ok to only use cold water hookup on washing machine?
Hello, My washing machine is in a location with only...
jmoscone
New Tide Turbo Clean HE
Seeing coupons for this in my paper. Is it their response...
kclv
Affresh vs. Washer Magic
We've had our Duet for about two months, and so far/so...
chipshot
Blinded by the technology and shiny bits
A couple of weeks ago my 20 yr old 22lb Admiral dryer...
mmmm12
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™