So confusing--can't decide!

quattroangeliSeptember 20, 2011

I have been researching washing machines for the past several days (including this site) and have narrowed it down to two machines.

I really like the Maytag Bravos MVWB300WQ. The price is right and it is a large capacity washer. I have seen many good reviews on this brand. I am not used to the new high efficiency washers but can get used to it.

I took at look at Home Depot yesterday. An employee offered his advice as to why I would want the LG Wave Force WT5001CW as opposed to the Maytag. This is a newer model and for this, I am thinking I shouldn't try something so new.

Anyone have any input on these two washers? My clothes are piling up and it is making me crazy!! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moonspinner7

I have that LG model (since last Sept, so one year now), and I LOVE it. Still. I can wash two queen-sized down comforters at once; or all of the sheets from two beds; or two weeks worth of one person's laundry. I love the cheery tune it plays at the end of the cycle. I haven't had a problem with the clothes tangling. And if you search the reviews for this model, the majority of reviews are very positive.

I can't speak for the maytag; I've never had or used one, nor known anyone who has.

I do know that researching any appliance can be mind-boggling, so I wish you luck!

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 11:54AM
mouseycakes

I recently purchased a LG WaveForce washer and dryer, and am incredibly pleased with them so far. The option of easily adding extra water or extra rinses to the washer cycle is especially wonderful. I got the washer model with the internal heater and dryer with steam (WT5101H & DLEX5101). A higher end Maytag with an internal heater (requirement in my book) was on my initial list for consideration, but the prices were higher and reviews lower, so I discounted them fairly quickly.

Here is my previous post:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/laundry/msg082312064133.html?7

Scroll to the bottom for my initial review.

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Initial Review of LG WaveForce Washer/Dryer Set (scroll to bottom)

Bookmark   September 27, 2011 at 7:35PM
CharterOps

I recently bought the Electrolux IQ Touch and I have to admit I love the machine; I look forward to doing laundry every single time. It washes and rinses incredibly well. There have been comments about shavings from the rubber gasket; however, that old tends to be in machines which are not perfectly level. I've been extremely happy; I guess part of the reason was because I got it at Lowes for $637; about $462 off the suggested retail price :-)

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 8:41AM
More Discussions
Sad FS discovery
I've never been one to over think the use of FS. I...
andi2928
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™