Spin-Only Mode: Miele W1213/1215 Clothes Washer
On various message boards my wife and I have seen complaints that the buttons on subject clothes washers don't allow a spin-only mode. When we had out Miele W1213 installed recently, we asked the installer about that, and he showed us how the installers run the W1213/1215 machines in that mode, to test them:
HOW TO GET A MIELE W1213/1215 WASHER INTO A SPIN-ONLY MODE:
1. BEGIN FROM A DEAD-STOP MODE.
2. WHILE HOLDING DOWN START/STOP BUTTON, PRESS THE ON/OFF BUTTON.
3. PRESS START/STOP BUTTON 3 TIMES IN QUICK SUCCESSION AND HOLD DOWN ON THIRD HIT UNTIL GREEN LIGHT ILLUMINATES.
4. PRESS BUZZER BUTTON UNTIL A "U" APPEARS ON THE DISPLAY.
5. PRESS START/STOP BUTTON 7 TIMES IN QUICK SUCCESSION.
6. CHOOSE SPIN SPEED. MACHINE WILL THEN GO INTO SPIN-ONLY MODE.
7. PUSH STOP BUTTON WHEN IT HAS SPUN LONG ENOUGH. (IT WILL KEEP SPINNING FOREVER UNTIL YOU HIT THE STOP BUTTON.)
(Only the Germans would allow one to computer-program their machines!)