What kind of bulbs?

txmatJanuary 14, 2014

I have some incandescent bulbs on a dimmer switch. I understand incandescent bulbs are not going to be available. What kind of bulb will work with the dimmer or will I need to change it to work with the new type bulbs? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Halogen bulbs will dim just like standard incandescents. LEDs labelled as dimmable on the package will work with most dimmers. Only some CFLs are dimmable, and they usually don't dim very far or very well.

    Bookmark   January 17, 2014 at 5:34PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
T24 compliant, 4" LED recessed light options
We are looking for a sub $100 4" LED recessed...
Quality of LED fixtures from different manufacturers
Hello! Does anyone know how LED light fixtures from...
Rosette on slanted dining room ceiling?
Moved into a resale which has a dining room fixture...
Barb P
thoughts on WAC Lighting LEDme Pro Light Bars
title says it all - any feedback on this brand and...
how many lamps in a bathroom heat lamp?
Bathroom is about 140sq5 ft. What do you'll think?...
Sponsored Products
Quoizel QMC1199FR Mini Chandelier - QMC1199FR
$459.99 | Hayneedle
Arteriors Home - Kinsley Pendant - 42044
Great Furniture Deal
Elk Lighting Pearce Collection 5 Light Chandelier In Matte Black - 15902/5
Beyond Stores
Delancy 21 1/2" High Iron Oxide Outdoor Lantern
Lamps Plus
Pulsano Matte Nickel Adjustable 35.5-Inch LED Island Pendant w/ Wiped Glass
$836.00 | Bellacor
Du Jour Outdoor Patio Armchair in Gray White
$399.00 | LexMod
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™