Is New Venetian Gold granite on the light side?

terri76January 19, 2013

My cabinets are a honey maple color. I brought home a sample of New venetian gold granite and I liked the way it looked. It seemed to have a little darkness to it but still picked up the honey color in my cabinets. But when I saw pictures of it in kitchens, it looked on the light side. Could this just be from the flash of the camera or is this granite really on the light side?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blubird

I have honey brown cabs with NVG - I think it's really a mid-toned granite. It's definitely not light nor dark. Just a word of warning- you can never see crumbs on it ;-), not necessarily a bad thing.

Helene

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 5:47PM
terri76

Helene, what kind of backsplash did you go with? (pics if possible) Is the 4 inch backsplash from the same granite out of style?

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 6:42PM
Eyegirlie

Terri,

Mine isn't exactly NVG but it's basically the same. We used a tumble marble backsplash in our kitchen. It does seem that the 4 inch backsplash is out of style; although we did use it in our bathrooms.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 7:22PM
snowbean

Here is my inspiration board. The granite image to the right labelled NVG = new venetian gold. I'm trying to choose between this inspiration board and the "white and black" kitchen look.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 7:28PM
blubird

I have a full tumbled ivory travertine backsplash with the NVG - no 4" granite. Here's a picture before we changed the outlets...It also appears to be before it was sealed/enhanced.

Helene

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 7:58PM
terri76

Thanks for the pictures. Your kitchens are beautiful. I only hope mine will look as nice.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 10:30PM
angela12345

Our granite people had 2 types of NVG ... One they called NVG light and one they called NVG dark. I have pics I can upload if you want ? but not tonight ... on iPad. And well into the raspberry daiquiris. :)

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 12:19AM
katvaldez

I need to see pictures of New Venetian Gold with white cabinets.....Shaker style if possible. I'm about to renovate my kitchen and have chosen white cabinets, white appliances, and maybe NVG countertops. Thanks!

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 2:57PM
susanlynn2012

I also would like to see more pictures of New Venetian Gold with White Cabinets. I can't find the poster who used this combination with the pretty backsplash and the running bond tiles back in 2011.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 12:46AM
susanlynn2012

New Venetian Gold Countertop with White Cabinets looks so nice. Not the post I was looking for as I loved the one with the running bond tiles someone posted in the backsplash forum but this kitchen is beautiful also.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Venetian Gold Countertop with White Cabinets

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 12:59AM
emily325

Blubird can I see a bigger picture of your cabinets with it? I am so happy someone started this thread. We just picked a darker nvg and now wondering which backsplash will look good with it without looking too busy. Please keep those pics coming!

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 3:31PM
susanlynn2012

I would love updated pictures of White cabinets with New Venetian Gold Counters since I am trying to decide if a gray counter or NVG would look nice with my tiles and cabinets. It seems more people are using gray but the NVG samples look nice with my floors.

Bookmark   September 2, 2014 at 10:56AM
blubird

Emily, if you're still reading this thread here is a slightly wider view of my kitchen. I just realized that the big view picture I have was pre- backsplash. It's been done for 4 years now and we still love it but I guess I need to take a new big picture.

blubird

Bookmark   September 2, 2014 at 12:11PM
More Discussions
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
Best type of rug to protect hardwood floors in kitchen?
I found an older thread which discusses choices of...
juliedrew
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Please help! We're getting a buzz--LED dimmer questions
We installed Commercial Electric LED can lights made...
laughablemoments
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™