Adapting Globe fitter size to larger fixture?

karl_in_nyJanuary 11, 2013

I have four glass globes which have the very common 2 1/4" fitter diameter. Probably the most common size, actually...

I'm looking for some wall-mount "porch lights" (1930 or so vintage look) and everything seems to have a larger fitter, like 3 1/2", for example, like all the jelly-jar fixtures.

Are there reducing rings available anywhere to adapt a fixture to use a smaller diameter fitter glass globe? I have searched my usual lamp supply places to death and find nothing. My friend with a lathe estimates this would take him all day to fabricate.

Surely, there must be fitter-reducer rings available somewhere, especially down to 2 1/4" common size...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Yes you can purchase a glass shade adapter, one source is in the link

Here is a link that might be useful: vintage lamp parts

    Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 4:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I'm trying to go the other direction...reducing the fixture fitting rather than increasing it, to accept a smaller globe rather than a larger one.

    Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 4:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Perhaps if you call that company though they would be of assistance. I have purchased things from them before and they have been quite helpful.

    Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 9:12PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Kitchen light fixture inadequate.
I love school lights but I need at least 400 watts...
Anne Jones
Which would you pick for an LED step light / night light
We are in the rough-in stage of our new build, and...
Do LED lights put out enough light
I am looking at Moooi Raimond chandeliers. According...
2015 Title 24 and LEDs
Hello all, I'm looking to install LEDs in a house that...
Anyone Recognize this Light Fixture?
I saw these wall fixtures in the Charleston Home +...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™