Where to shop for a dining room pendant?

cevamalJanuary 12, 2014

I live in a small town so my B&M options are limited to Lowe's, Home Depot, and a local electric shop. I haven't found anything I like in any of them.

Online, however, the options are completely overwhelming! I'd like it if the sort categories were "reasonable options" v. "crazy stuff you'll have no interest in". ;)

We bought this one but it came torqued. A washer was welded improperly so it hung crooked. I was going to replace it but Amazon had a month lead time on the same one, plus I'm not convinced they won't all have the same problem.

This one was about $200 but I'd be willing to pay a little more for better quality.

Any tips on where to look or what to look for?

This post was edited by cevamal on Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 16:58

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jules8

I feel your pain. I live in the Washington DC area and even with the multiple lighting stores in the area, I had trouble deciding on my lights. I found that the lighting stores had very limited floor models and expected me to purchase from a catalog. I have had good experiences with Kichler, WAC and Z-Lite.
My Kichler light looks very similar to yours and they have many others that are similar.
The Z-Lite ones I purchased are in their Nikko collection and are not similar to your style. But the quality of the lights is very good and am pleased with them. Z-Lite has many other collections and you may find something similar to yours.

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 1:19PM
Michael1001

I always look to amazon when making a lighting purchase. At this time, I am looking at these two lights for my home. Really looking to spruce it up before summer time :).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXPY0GY

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J0F93PY

I like crystal lighting, but want a quality fixture.

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 4:23PM
rococogurl

I've had excellent results ordering from ylighting which may be too modern but has only high quality (sort by price) and lumens.com. I got a great dining room fixture from lumens. Y has great customer service.

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 10:45AM
juno_barks

I, too, spent a lot of time looking at light fixtures for my dining room. I decided to stay true to my 1950's MCM house's roots, and wanted a sputnik style fixture. The best priced fixture I could find is made by possini, and the best price i found was at lamps plus. I ordered on line, it was not bad to install, and the fixture looks great.

Today, though, if I were looking, I would try to find an LED fixture. The selection gets better - seemingly every week -- and it wins the energy use/heat generated issue hands down!

Here is a link that might be useful: Possini fixture

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 4:02PM
goldenboy68

I know there some great suggestions here for a dining room fixture, I have seen really nice stuff at Lamp Factory USA specially the modern lighting fixtures. These guys offer great customer service.

Bookmark   June 6, 2014 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
i found this on ebay
its a led strap very nice anf beautiful Specifications: Ø...
Ran Peretz
What light would look nice over the sink?
Hi, I'm stumped trying to find a pendant light to go...
sweetoo
T24 compliant, 4" LED recessed light options
We are looking for a sub $100 4" LED recessed...
pinkybee83
Need help identifying chandelier
Hello, I recently saw a chandelier that I really liked,...
Sgreen
Sponsored Products
Leucos | Beamer 11S R5 Pendant Light
YLighting
Beige & Blue Hermione Wool Rug
$34.99 | zulily
Crestview Collection Column Antiqued White Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
AICO Furniture - Windsor Court 5 Piece Round Dining Table Set in...
Great Furniture Deal
Hampton Bay Patio Furniture, Carosuel Table/Hanging Lantern HB2005B
$39.99 | Home Depot
Chrome Double-ring 25-inch Backless Counter Swivel Stool with Black Vinyl Cushio
Overstock.com
Meridian Linen 42-Inch x 84-Inch Blackout Window Curtain Panel
$19.95 | Bellacor
AHB Berkshire 9 Piece Counter Height Set with Homestead Stools - AHB424
Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™