fyi...portfolio lighting at Lowes

sturdyJanuary 27, 2009

I just realized in my hunt for lights that the Lowes brands Portfolio and Bel Air are the same as Trans Globe. The Lowes version is definitely less expensive ($209 at Lowes vs $309 online for Trans Globe and another was $899 vs $1100). Thought I would let everyone know...but maybe I was the only one who did not know this:)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
housavvy

I have ran into that same thing only the other way around. I think it depends on the fixture. I was looking at an outdoor light for $109 at Lowes and the same light was $49 online. It was branded as Transglobe online.

Bookmark   January 29, 2009 at 8:03AM
bigdog0598

Belair was for Home Deopt, but they are no longer a client of transglobe. Transglobe is sold to us....lighting show rooms, then Portfolio is Lowes brand....however there are some things that are ONLY at Lowes

Bookmark   February 19, 2009 at 4:07AM
daiseydog_msn_com

We saw Juno track lights at the lighting store and then visited Lowes and found their Portfolio is labeled Juno. Are the tracks and heads the same quality? (It's like a John Deere at Lowes is not offered at all at John Deere' site and can't have the warrenty from John Deere.) Is this the same kind of deal with lighting?

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 11:20AM
jont_yahoo_com

I can confirm what the previous poster said. Lowes 'Portfolio' track lighting is OEM manufactured by Juno. I went to Lowes today (10/26/10) and saw one of their employees type a Portfolio track lighting part number into their system and "Juno" came up in the title and description.

My situation was I needed a >50w Portfolio fixture in black and Lowes didn't even sell one, which meant, as far as Lowes was concerned, that they didn't exist. I kept asking myself who makes Lowes Portfolio track lighting? I am glad I have the answer now.

Also, I have the slightly thicker Portfolio track with a third ground wire which is labeled 'contractor track' This deeper track is compatible with a Hampton Bay fixture I tried from home depot. Unfortunately Depot doesn't stock a fixture that meet my needs either. I am excited to find these alternative fixtures, without having to replace my track.

Bookmark   October 26, 2010 at 3:42PM
More Discussions
Disappointed with my LED recessed lights ... what now?
My LED recessed lights (Cree 6'' 2700K) were installed...
aussies
Need help identifying chandelier
Hello, I recently saw a chandelier that I really liked,...
Sgreen
Need help finding black lantern sconces
I am trying to find black lantern lights like this....
marthasiny
Quality of LED fixtures from different manufacturers
Hello! Does anyone know how LED light fixtures from...
linae
What light would look nice over the sink?
Hi, I'm stumped trying to find a pendant light to go...
sweetoo
Sponsored Products
Area Rug: Quincy Keywork Taupe 2' 6" x 3' 10"
$25.97 | Home Depot
Casablanca Weathered Copper Integrated Low Profile Fitter Ceiling Light Kit K2C-
$95.00 | Home Depot
Kichler 4-lt LED Fixed Rail
LBC Lighting
Unilume Micro Channel 300 Lumens 2400K 80CRI
Lightology
Orange/ Ivory Outdoor Area Rug (7'10 Round)
Overstock.com
Korver Leather Loveseat - Brighton Parrot Red
Joybird Furniture
Tenda Pharmacy Floor Lamp
Lightology
John Louis Espresso Woodcrest Closet System
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™