Lighting kit for casablanca fan?

brittone2January 29, 2011

Hi-

we recently purchased a home built in the late 80s. In the vaulted ceiling of the family room there is a Casablanca ceiling fan, and it states that it is the Victorian model.

I don't think this is being made any longer, but we are interested in adding a lighting kit to the fan. I couldn't figure out much by looking at Casablanca's site about whether some of their other kits are universal enough to be added on to the existing model of fan?

I thought I'd ask here before calling Casablanca.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjmaye

I am sorry to say I don't have an answer for you. I also have Casablanca fans in my house. I am interested in the replies you get. I did some preliminary research and thought Casablanca uses it's own mount so it does not use a standard light kit mount like so many others.

I think I read that on one of the big ceiling fan websites. After reading that I went to ebay and found the cost of the Casablanca lights kits to be really expensive. I will probably end up buying new fans with light kits.

Bookmark   February 2, 2011 at 6:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wi-sailorgirl

I retrofitted an old Casablanca fan with a lighting kit from Lamps Plus. They don't guarantee that their light kits will fit all fans but it worked fine for me and they have a good return policy so if it doesn't work you can always send it back.

You can also buy Casablanca fan lights separately. I found them at a local lighting store but not online. I just didn't like any of the lighting options they offered which is why I bought a generic lighting kit from Lamps Plus.

Bookmark   February 8, 2011 at 8:41AM
More Discussions
Accent Eyeball lighting for Artwork
Any recommendations for size and type of eyeball light?...
lake72
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
wldougall
MBR ceiling light or fan
Hi all, We have a farmhouse/colonial that was built...
Anthony
dining area lighting dilemma
We are building our retirement home, and have a large...
golfergirl29
Can I use a light fixture to define an entry??
We do not have a foyer. Our front door opens into the...
meanne74
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™