Looking for Aged Pewter Finish Chandelier

kerrysJanuary 20, 2011

I'm not finding the chandelier and pendant I want for my kitchen remodel and it is very hard to tell exactly what the finish looks like online.

I want traditional fixtures with a finish that is more "brown/bronze/gold" than the typical "antique pewter" finish, which is silver. I purchased Delta Lockwood aged pewter faucets for my bathroom remodel, and just love the color!

If anyone has any tips on judging the finish color online or has a fixture with a similar finish, please let me know.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaib

You may want to check on Hubardton Forge; beautiful stuff if its your style.

Bookmark   January 20, 2011 at 5:05PM
captsmethwick

Yes, Hubardton Forge is one of a handful that offers a range of finishes on many models. We're in an "issue" with HF on a large pendant so I cannot yet enthusiastically recommend the company but we are happy with a number of their fixtures we have elsewhere in our house. One of the reasons why we went with HF was we wanted a particular colour (and we liked their quality and style).

Bookmark   January 22, 2011 at 6:33PM
kaib

After having hung about half a house worth, I would tend to agree that assembly and hanging can be a bear with a few of these.

Its as though the artists who design and create them also provide for the assembly and installaiton parts and instructions. Simple things like short mounting screws (plate to box) and clumsy instructions can make these a booger to hang.

My hand and I both commented that the "average" homeowner without honed skills could indeed have a hell of a time.

But beautiful stuff nonetheless and now that most are up, we certainly enjoy them - the glass is spectacular!

Bookmark   January 22, 2011 at 7:24PM
susieq07

Here's one at overstock 12 light vintage pewter chandy and only $81.99

Bookmark   February 2, 2011 at 11:04AM
More Discussions
Do LED lights put out enough light
I am looking at Moooi Raimond chandeliers. According...
mrsargent
Help with different types of LED recessed lighting please!
Can someone explain the basic differences in the different...
Michelle
Entry light for awkward design
What should we do for a light at the front door? It...
sakami
Which would you pick for an LED step light / night light
We are in the rough-in stage of our new build, and...
Sun43
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
wldougall
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™