LED under cabinet lighting
I am in the middle of designing my kitchen and have some need for further clarification, after reading the numerous messages on this subject:
1) I plan to have a granite kitchen counter top. I am unclear how LED lighting will affect its appearance, other than producing a glare. Will it also change the color?
2)Are some colors of granite more susceptible to being changed?
3) Can the glare be minimized by changing the angle of lighting (angle the strip a bit to change direction of light)
4) Are there alternative light color choices in LED lights?
5) What is the best wattage to go with? I need both ambiance (e.g. will need to be dimmable) and utility when preparing food (I am still trying to decide on what to put in the ceiling 8 ft ceilings so I am leaning towards recessed lighting).
6) My kitchen is U shaped with a window break in the middle long wall. Is it best to go with 2 separate switches to minimize the affect of a breakdown in one?
7)Am I correct in that flourescent aren't dimmable?
8) Do fluorescent cost that much more to operate if that is a suggested alternative?
Thanks and I really love this website! I am getting so many great ideas from it.