low-voltage pucks causing radio interference
My GC installed low-voltage xenon puck lights under my kitchen cabinets (not my decision, but that's another story). I don't like anything about them and have decided to either replace them with LED light tape OR redo the wiring to 120V and install fluorescent UCL.
This will happen in the next week or so (I'm deciding on which option to choose). In the meantime, I've been turning on the pucks at night and in the early morning so I can see when I'm in the kitchen. This morning, while in my office (not adjacent to the kitchen) I turned on my little plug-in radio as is my morning routine. Horrible buzzing noise. Hmmmm. Only thing I could think of was the pucks. Turned them off, buzzing stopped. On, buzzing returned. They are now staying off.
I don't know anything about electricity and wiring, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it has something to do with the pucks on the new wiring. Is it the wrong transformer? What are the usual causes for this?