FL without pedestals

angel411September 19, 2012

Hi!

I have had the Samsung FL's for a few years. Now, we are trying to make our laundry room layout more efficient. I would like to take the machines off of their pedestals and put a counter top above them for folding (see pic below), and probably hang some upper cabinets. Has anyone gone from pedestals to no pedestals? Will I hate having to bend that low? Anyone BTDT?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dave1812

its a personal thing. dont worry what others say. even my short wife likes the pedestals. I'm tall, so of course I NEED the pedestals. go with what YOU want.

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 3:10PM
aamassther

I have two FL sets. One on pedestals, none on the other. While I like the height to load and unload clothes using the pedestal set, I prefer to fold on the non-pedestal set. I think in the end, I would go for the extra counter space. It seems no matter how much you counter space you have, it isn't enough.

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 10:56PM
angel411

I agree, aamassther. That's why I've decided to just go for it. Thank you for weighing in with your experience!

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 8:55AM
anajane

Angel411 - just finished remodeling, and I've got FL's / no pedestals - with countertop. And I absolutely love having the countertop. Door openings on my Electrolux w/d are such that loading and unloading the units is not a hassle or annoyance for me [I'm 5'6" and 63 yrs old, no 'spring chicken'...] - And the countertop space is priceless. Just my thoughts here...

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 12:21AM
More Discussions
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™