Can anyone identify this beautiful stone backsplash tile?

fun2learnJanuary 5, 2012

HI everyone. I really love this backsplash tile in the photo below--it looks like some sort of stone--maybe a type of slate or quartzite stone? Can anyone help me locate it, or at least give me a name to look under? Boxerpups posted this beautiful photo for me, from her collection of inspiring photos, (she is so very helpful!), when I was asking about backsplash tiles several months ago. I then got very busy and put the backsplash on hold, but kept thinking about the backsplash in this photo. We are finally ready to make a decision and install the backsplash(after a year of going back and forth, LOL!) I think this is the look we are after, and that it would look great with our honey-spice maple cabinets and cream colored granite, which has grey and light gold streaks and speckles of garnet, which would seem to tie in with the colors in this stone. I also think it would look great and help tie-in with the brick fireplace in the adjoining family room. (what do you all think?)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

It looks like the botticcino fiorito marble I almost chose for the master vanity. Very pretty!

Bookmark   January 5, 2012 at 5:33PM
fun2learn

HI. I am bumping this up to try again. I looked up the botticcino fiorito marble, that one poster thought it looked like, but from what I can see on the internet, I don't think that is it. Any other thoughts?

Bookmark   January 7, 2012 at 12:54PM
remodelfla

Falling Water Slate tile? Maybe the Desert Gold?

Bookmark   January 7, 2012 at 1:39PM
newchapter

It looks like limestone to me.

Bookmark   January 7, 2012 at 1:58PM
Gigi_4321

Where did you get the photo? If the designers name is mentioned anywhere, you can email them and ask. I emailed the designer of my inspiration kitchen a few questions and she replied quickly. Let us know if you find out.

Bookmark   January 7, 2012 at 2:51PM
Emily

Could this be it? I found it on houzz.com. I attached the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: tile?

Bookmark   January 7, 2012 at 3:02PM
fun2learn

I had wondered if it might be Falling Water slate(I had seen that tile on this forum months ago). I do like Falling Water,(though I've never seen in it person, only in photos.) However, I believe that the stones in Falling water are only either 1" or 3/4" high, and the ones in the "mystery photo" appear to have some larger ones in there. I would like some larger ones like that. Maybe I could call the company to be sure.
epressler--thanks so much for the link. I followed it, and fortunately, the photo had a tag (hover over with the mouse) giving the name of the supplier and of the stone!! How cool is that (don't you wish all those design photos did that!)So I googled, and I will put the link below to the tile supplier, Statements Tile, for anyone else who might be interested.
I think I may email the mystery photo to both those tile companies and just ask if it could be there stone!
Gigi- the photo came from Boxerpups' collection of design photos--as far as I can tell from her photo bucket album, there is no info from where it came!
Newchapter--I wondered about limestone,too. I will check into it.

Thanks eveyone, again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Statements tile- Golden Gate Tumbled quartzitie

Bookmark   January 8, 2012 at 8:16PM
mpagmom

I just ran across this one while looking for something else:

I don't think it's the exact same thing, but it is very similar. This is from a store in Indianapolis, and I will link the website below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone Cultural Brick

Bookmark   January 9, 2012 at 1:37PM
dar5

Arizona Tile has a Golden Gate quartzite stackstone. I used in as a backsplash and it looks amazing. They have pics on their website.

Bookmark   January 9, 2012 at 3:42PM
calimama

I have the GoldenGate Quartzite stacked stone from AZ tile. mine is ungrouted, but looks very much like this. I absolutely love it! Good luck!

Bookmark   January 9, 2012 at 5:59PM
MaureensCottage

I used the desert gold stone for a backsplash.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cottage Remodel

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 7:19PM
More Discussions
Ikea cover panel installation question (Akurum line)
Hi all! I was ready to post this to ikeafans.com and...
criv227
Kohler Stages Sink: review after 6 weeks of use
There have been some threads here regarding the Kohler...
rjr220
Just got my kitchen remodel photographed by a prof. What a difference!
For some reason a couple of the pics double posted....
Tamara Hadji
I think my quartz sample is trying to drive me crazy
We had settled on PentalQuartz Carrara for the island...
lisa_a
Kitchen quote for RTA
I am shopping around for a redesigned kitchen. Below...
vonecu4
Sponsored Products
Abba Cream Moroccan Tile Twin Pull Chain Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Mendota Harbor Gray Paint Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Alloy Sequoia Blend 1/2 X Random Marble & Glass Tile
$16.50 | TileBar
Dryden Big Horn Mesquite Rectangular: 5 Ft. 3 In. x 7 Ft. 10 In. Rug
$298.40 | Bellacor
Wool Space Dye Stair Treads
Home Decorators Collection
Designer Drains Designer Drains - Geometric No. 6 Oatey Drain Rough
Hudson Reed
Beige 12-inch Carpet Tiles (240 Square Feet)
Overstock.com
Gray Quatrefoil Tile Throw Pillow - Set of Two
$34.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™