under cabinet lighting

craig1510November 26, 2012

I was given two undercabinet flourescent lights that are direct wire type. I was told I can use lamp cord between the light and electrical box which was previously installed in the cabinet. Is this permissible and if so I found 2 gauges a16/2 and 18/2 and if not what type of cable/wire does anyone suggest? I only need 2' at the most. The lights have their own on/off switch and come with a small, maybe 3/8", clamp that goes in a small knockout in the side/ends of the fixture to hold whatever cable/wire I use.

Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Davidtay/Others - Recommended efficient T8 bulbs?
I'm hoping that davidtay will see this but would welcome...
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
Help with different types of LED recessed lighting please!
Can someone explain the basic differences in the different...
looking for some direction choosing leds for family room
I want to add some recessed led lights to the family...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™