Dirty kitchen in laundry room

fatima11September 4, 2012

We would like to add a dishwasher and a gas stove (free standing)�in our laundry room. It already has a washer dryer and a sink and ample room. What plumbing work will I need for these appliances? What fuel connection will I need? Any license requirements?

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fahrenheit_451

You will have to adhere any and all applicable building codes so the best thing to do is pay a visit to your local Building Department where you have will to pull the applicable permits. Discuss with them the viability of said project, mandated requirements and the various permits.

You will need an exhaust fan for the stove. More importantly, you do realize that your dryer's intake is unfiltered air and any time you run your dryer while cooking you will likely be sucking kitchen vapor particulates into the load of clothes currently drying. Grease/oil particles will eventually coat your dryer's intake and exhaust ducting. I'm not sure the Building Department will allow such a setup, hence, the mandatory need to consult with your Building Department.

Will you be having staff? If so, I would ensure that your home insurer is notified of the appropriate changes of existing conditions; even if you are not utilizing staff you will still need to inform your home insurer of these changes or you will likely not be covered in the event of something happening. Circumventing any of the above can lead to loss of insurance and potential heavy liabilities. Also, failing to do so potentially endangers your neighbors (depending upon the proximity of your lots lines) and could result in future liabilities to you.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 8:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suburbanmd

Here's how not to add a kitchen to your laundry room.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 10:15AM
More Discussions
Affresh vs. Washer Magic
We've had our Duet for about two months, and so far/so...
chipshot
Need help choosing a large capacity washer- whats the least bad option
I really want a Miele or a Speed Queen. That said,...
mwinfield
Favorite detergents again, please.
What are your favorite detergents (specify liquid or...
isherwood777
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Sponsored Products
Open Diamond Bin - Winemaker Series
Wine Cellar Innovations
Warehouse of Tiffany's White Diamanta Bar Chair
Overstock.com
Sample-alloy Deco Egyptian Sand 5/8 X 5/8 Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Bronze One-Light Pendant with Italian Marble Glass
$149.60 | Bellacor
Whitehaus WHKN1128 Ceramic Rectangular Wall Mount Bathroom Sink Basin
$879.00 | Blue Bath