Samsung FL - Clothes Extremely Warm

amaryllis52August 13, 2010

We just got a new Samsung WF330 front-loading washer and so far no complaints about its cleaning performance. There is one thing about it that concerns me: when I take the clothes out of the washer they are extremely warm, much warmer than our old top-loader. I worry whether this is normal and whether this warmth might damage delicate fabrics.

Could it be that the washer is somehow generating this heat through the spin cycle - I'm using the Normal spin speed and rinse only in cold water. I called Samsung and the only advice they could give me was to check to make sure that the hot and cold water lines weren't switched - which they weren't. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
housefairy

When you say that when "I take the clothes out of the washer they are extremely warm, much warmer than our old top-loader" makes me think that your taps are backwards. Take a bucket or do it over the sink, but.... Remove the hookups from the back of the washer and run the water through the hoses until one of them produces hot water. Make sure that your cold is your cold, not your hot.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 9:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sshrivastava

Turn off the spin for one load and see if the clothes are warm. If they are, it's not the spin. If they aren't, then the spinning is causing the warming.

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 12:28PM
More Discussions
Blinded by the technology and shiny bits
A couple of weeks ago my 20 yr old 22lb Admiral dryer...
mmmm12
New Tide Turbo Clean HE
Seeing coupons for this in my paper. Is it their response...
kclv
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprilh
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Tide Turbo Clean Detergent
Has anyone tried the new tide turbo clean line. I saw...
harlowolivia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™