need to washer

missylinAugust 21, 2012

i have been told Speed Queen will last the longest, has the best warrantee, stainless steel tub, no elecronics. But I wonder since it has an agitator if it will be gentle enough on my clothes. What do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
georgect

Well...they've been in business since 1908. I think their washers would be gentle enough, otherwise they'd be out of business by now.

Bookmark   August 21, 2012 at 11:48PM
missylin

Good point, georgect. But most of the comments are about longivity and cleanliness of the wash, not about care of clothes when people have written about speed queen. Would ones without an agitator be more gentle> The agitator I saw was not all smooth like most. It had sort of curves in it and the curves looked like clothes could get stuck. Hard to explain but the agitator in my old Maytag is sort of horizontal in the washer. This one goes from top to bottom and is shaped sort of like a sculpture with with things going in and out. It looks strange compared to most. Wish I could find a photo to link to

Bookmark   August 22, 2012 at 10:28AM
beaglenc

Missylin, the agitator is like the one I had in my Kenmore TL. and it helps rotate the clothes. I have never had any clothes beaten to death or destroyed in the TL. My Bosch wrinkles way worse, pills my clothes and I can't tell that they are any cleaner. With all the new regs.now I don't know if I would choose a traditional TL. BUt I sure would love the have my old one back.

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 2:27PM
missylin

Thank you, Beagle north carolina.

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 3:00PM
More Discussions
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Electrolux new updated LOGO 2015
Electrolux is updating their LOGO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQYZ_oWCp0...
georgect
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™