Liquid Laundry Detergent Dispenser

kellycrashAugust 19, 2011

After looking at some amazing laundry rooms I was wondering how I could spruce mine up. My laundry room just has a shelf above the washer/dryer. I have nowhere to hide anything and hiding the laundry detergent is just inconvenient.

I was wondering if something like this would work for laundry detergent

http://www.dillards.com/product/Home-Essentials-Del-Sol-2.75Gallon-Drink-Dispenser_301_-1_301_502222122

Or would it just get clogged up and be a waste of money? I actually saw something just like that at Walmart made of plastic that I'm sure would be a heck of a lot cheaper...

Here is a link that might be useful: Drink Dispenser for Laundry Detergent?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dbfirewife

That's a interesting idea... I do know that when I have had the big detergent bottles that have the dispenser on them.. I have had to put a folded up wash cloth underneat to catch drips. I just can't imagine that you would not have to do the same with this dispenser. Be sure to let us know if you try it and how it works...

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 11:14AM
dbfirewife

FYI....I was in Big Lots yesterday and they had a very pretty, square glass drink dispenser for 9.99. If you have a Big Lots near you, you might want to check it out. It held 1.32 gallons.

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 11:04AM
kellycrash

Thanks. I saw a decent looking one at Walmart that was plastic. I probably won't be trying this for awhile. If anyone else has any thoughts or comments I'd appreciate it.

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 12:06PM
mara_2008

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why not just buy detergent in a container which already has a dispenser on it? Large bulk sizes, such as those sold in warehouse stores, typically come in such containers, and their unit pricing is typically significantly lower than smaller containers. I even buy fabric softener in this type of container, and save a lot of $$$ by doing so. I don't have a problem with drips, but I am very careful when dispensing the detergent or fabric softener.

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 8:39PM
kellycrash

I do buy the big containers with the dispenser. I was trying to pretty up the laundry room. A big orange container of TIDE is just not pretty.

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 9:51PM
vala55

I think it would clog. A repair man told me fabric softener dispenser will clog if you don't dilute the liquid softener with half water.

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 2:42PM
More Discussions
HELP!! Dryer side vent question/Help (Samsung)
Hello! does anyone have a dryer that they had to use...
peasknees
i just want somebody to fix my speed queen!!!!!!
So the timer has been acting up on my AWN542 for a...
beaglenc
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™