Maytag Maxima steam washer/dryer or Whirlpool Duet washer/dryer

graeleaAugust 27, 2013

We are choosing a new washer/dryer set and would like to buy something in the mid-range. I had a Miele set in our previous home for the last 15 years, which I absolutely loved, but think that for half the price I might be able to get something that works well enough. There seems to have been a lot of changes in the mid-range since I last made a purchase. I'm considering either the new Maytag Maxima steam set or a Whirlpool Duet steam set. I want to have something that will do a good job on delicates (something that Miele does extremely well) and will also sanitize my micro fibre cleaning cloths. Any comments or suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graelea

We are choosing a new washer/dryer set and would like to buy something in the mid-range. I had a Miele set in our previous home for the last 15 years, which I absolutely loved, but think that for half the price I might be able to get something that works well enough. There seems to have been a lot of changes in the mid-range since I last made a purchase. I'm considering either the new Maytag Maxima steam set or a Whirlpool Duet steam set. I want to have something that will do a good job on delicates (something that Miele does extremely well) and will also sanitize my micro fibre cleaning cloths. Any comments or suggestions?

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 9:22PM
maries1120

No experience but like the look of the Maxima. CR liked it. One of the top rated for cleaning.

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 9:23PM
miele1966

If you already had a Miele once, you will not like anything they have to offer here in the States. If you can afford a Miele again, go for it. USA built washers are cheap and filmsy. Gone are the days that washers lasted 20 years. Now its more like 5-7. I am just being honest, here. In my opinion, all washers on the US market are about the same in quality, but have different features. I prefer quality over quantity. I would take CR ratings with a grain of salt. They tend to be biased torwards certain brand names.

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 10:22AM
More Discussions
Another Which Brand to I Buy Thread...
Hello, this is my first post on GW. Although I have...
Stacy T
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
HELP!! Dryer side vent question/Help (Samsung)
Hello! does anyone have a dryer that they had to use...
peasknees
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™