Small sink for laundry room?

rosesstinkAugust 9, 2011

I'm becoming frustrated looking for a small sink for my laundry room/half bath. Hope you all can help. Currently there is a standard 20 x 20 free standing tub in there. It is a really tight squeeze and I don't like it anyway. I'd like a drop in, preferably stainless or porcelain, sink about 14 x 14 x 10 (8 if I have to).

I'm not terribly concerned about the cabinet. I'll have one made if need be. I have searched for laundry room sinks and kitchen sinks but I'm not finding the size I want. Anyone have ideas on where I might find a sink that fits my needs? TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kon45

I have more like a stainless steel bar sink in my laundry room and love it! Didn't want a big tub and this works perfectly for our family's needs, hand washing and place to soak an item or two if need be. Lowes has them.

Bookmark   August 10, 2011 at 9:02PM
rosesstink

Thanks kon45! I didn't even think to search for bar sinks. Some of those are definitely closer to the size I'm looking for than anything I found previously.

Bookmark   August 11, 2011 at 6:58PM
livebetter

Here's a cute laundry room by Sarah Richardson where she uses a small round bar sink (she's done it a few times).

Bookmark   August 11, 2011 at 10:48PM
marissa16

That looks great! I am renovating an apt and the laundry room will be a combo utility room with the furnace. I am not fond of stackables and want top loader laundry as well. I felt the utility sink might be tight but did not think of a smaller round sink though will look for something deeper. Thanks for the idea.

Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 2:38PM
More Discussions
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
speed queen awn 542 and adg3lr dryer
Just purchased Speed Queen AWN 542 and ADG3LR Dryer Great...
bcsnave
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™