Samsung 5.0 Cu Ft WF520A

rick955iAugust 22, 2010

Just saw one at Sears today, the drum is HUGE, very deep. Does anyone have any insight or thoughts on these? Our HE3t is finally giving up the ghost, doing strange things like intermittently not drainining...after nearly 10 years it is probably time to put them out to pasture.

The Miele 4842 was a consideration, but the backwards doors aren't going to work for us, the Vision 800 was next up, but no prewash and the saleman at Sears said steer clear, next was the Electrolux, but they just feel flimsy...then I saw the new Samsungs, they look pretty well built and have all of the features. I normally don't like Koreans products (work for a Korean company and find most business dealings troubling at best, unethical at worst) but can't ignore the features on the Samsung WF520A - - - Thoughts?

TIA,

Rick

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nerdyshopper

I don't know anything about the new models but we bought a 338 Samsung a couple years ago and tho it works I am concerned that the dispenser drawer doesn't work the way it should. I suspect that with liquid soaps, during a prewash fill water is leaking through the main soap dispencer. Can't prove it but once when I stopped the machine at that point there was no soap left in the main dispenser. Similarly I suspect that bleach may be getting into the fabric softener dispenser. I'd ask the sales person at Sears to explain the dispenser operations or look them up somewhere. They changed the dispenser shortly after we bought ours.

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 10:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trinidiva

I am also looking for a washer/dryer pair for our new house.i can tell you based on my research that the Samsung 520a is top rated by consumer reports. the 448AA is also top rated by comsumer reports, good housekeeping, JD power and associates, it is the one I am thinking of getting. the only thing is that I would like to get a red colored washer/dryer but both of those do not come in that color
Hope this helps

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 1:37PM
More Discussions
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™