Original/Classic April Fresh Downy 're-created' by me :)

larsi_gwAugust 19, 2011

I know I've mentioned in several posts, that I have basically "re-created" the amazing, wonderful scent of April Fresh Downy (the classic, beauitful smell before the total idiots at P&G ruined it, by adding scent pearls and "adding a fresh, crispness to the classic April Fresh scent"!!!)

I take my 51 ounce bottle of April Fresh Downy and dump 1/2 into an empty Downy bottle (or any clean container). I do the same with a 51 ounce Downy Free & Sensitive. I then combine 50% April Fresh Donwy with 50% Free & Sensitive Downy! Shake well and transfer to you favourite Downy container!

While, it still has that "new crisp, candy like smell" in the bottle (although much softer), after washing and drying the 50/50 mixture smells almost identical to the Classic & Original April Fresh Downy so many of us miss & love.

My laundry and laundry room now have that soft, powdery scent that Donwy had for like 40 years!!! I really hope the geniuses at P&G re-launch Classic April Fresh. In the meantime, a few mins work every couple of months has given me my April Fresh Downy back. Enjoy! :)

-larsi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nkeeta

Thank you thank you thank you!! I emailed them and asked about the change and let them know it was too sweet smelling that I liked the old smell better. They gave me there positive sounding schpeel (sp?) and had me give them my address for a free coupon for the largest bottle I could find. Couldn't turn that down but I just use half Downey half water, so it doesn't smell so strong. I really like your version better will get on it ASAP thanks again!!!

Bookmark   August 19, 2011 at 10:38PM
larsi_gw

@ nkeeta..

You're so welcome. Even my spouse asked if I found the Downy that I have been talking, talking, talking about :), because our sheets and towels smelled like they used to do!!

Welcome! :)

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 1:15AM
gates1

I will have to try your formula Larsi. My parents are coming next weekend and I cant use the current downy on the bed linings as it honestly makes her vomit from the smell.

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 9:01AM
Anceska

I will try it as well. I only use Downy on towels because the smell is too overwhelming for my taste to use it on anything else. I just bought a bottle of Downy Pure Essentials last week, not bad but the smell is still slightly strong.

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 10:37AM
sshrivastava

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 2:36PM
larsi_gw

Sstava....

LOL! I am so that crazy "scientist" guy from Austin Powers, with my Downy April Fresh creation!! LMAO!!! :)

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 5:50PM
sshrivastava

He's even wearing Downy colors... :)

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 12:43PM
covingtoncat

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Too funny!

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 1:22PM
More Discussions
Electrolux 70 series....where's Larsi
A friend of mine is looking at Electrolux 70 series...
gates1
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprilh
Fisher+Paykel Eco Intuitive not working properly
Hello, I hope someone out there can help me! I have...
varietypack
New Tide Turbo Clean HE
Seeing coupons for this in my paper. Is it their response...
kclv
Favorite detergents again, please.
What are your favorite detergents (specify liquid or...
isherwood777
Sponsored Products
Chelsea Home Shannen Loveseat - Radar Mocha / Funhouse Salsa - 8402-RM
$699.00 | Hayneedle
Paper Towel Holder
$85.00 | Horchow
Poetry of Trees Giclee Print in Orange
Grandin Road
Clouds Square Wall Sconce by Justice Design Group
$135.00 | Lumens
Shell Chair
Design Within Reach