Miele IntelliQ - US release???

gaw1August 30, 2011

Anyone have more info about the release of Miele's IntelliQ W/D? I've seen the press announcements via google and the rundown on this forum about what people have found out will be included. But not much info since springtime.

Any new info as to when/if it will be released in the US?

Any hint of larger capacity?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fahrenheit_451

Contact Miele USA and ask them: Miele USA Contact List

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 8:09PM
larsi_gw

The "new" IntelliQ Series is basically just the W48xx and T98xx Series all "fancied" up. Same capacity. Steam will be added and auto detergent dispensed (not good for those who like to use different soaps for different moods and laundry needs).

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 8:16PM
livebetter

@larsi - no steam but the auto dispense is correct

Machine "bling" is a little different (black control and silver door) ... or something like that.

Slightly different names for cycles like "Hockey gear"?? Crazy.

Capacity exactly the same.

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 8:20PM
Cavimum

What would "auto dispense" be?

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 10:43PM
livebetter

The machine automatically dispenses liquid detergent. It holds the detergent in an external container that somehow feeds into the machine. You tell the machine how dirty your load is and it determines based on load size how much detergent to use :)

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 11:57PM
Cavimum

Thanks. I don't think that would work well with my Miele and local water.

Bookmark   August 31, 2011 at 11:03AM
sshrivastava

Unless the auto dispense feature also measures your local water hardness, it's absolutely useless.

Bookmark   August 31, 2011 at 12:17PM
suburbanmd

GE washers with optional Smart Dispense have a water hardness setting feature, according to a quick glance at a manual. Surely Miele does something similar.

Bookmark   August 31, 2011 at 5:28PM
gaw1

Thanks all. Guess it is not worth waiting for. Wish they had kicked up the capacity.

Bookmark   August 31, 2011 at 10:17PM
sshrivastava

@ gaw1

I find your statement interesting. Do you really wash more than 18 lbs of laundry at one time?

Bookmark   September 1, 2011 at 11:24AM
fahrenheit_451

Thanks all. Guess it is not worth waiting for. Wish they had kicked up the capacity.

I would wait and see what the new models have to offer. Our Miele W 4840 makes short work of laundry loads, and laundry days. The models have only gotten progressively better.

Bookmark   September 1, 2011 at 12:50PM
georgect

(a little off topic)
I wish Miele dryers weren't already pre-wired with a 4 prong plug permanently attached.
My set up is a direct connect 220 line and I would have to upgrade my electric supply and install a 4 prong outlet just to use the electric dryer.
Is Miele the only appliance manufacturer that doesn't allow you to choose the kind of electric hook up you have (direct, 3 prong, 4 prong)?

Bookmark   September 1, 2011 at 2:40PM
suburbanmd

I'm satisfied with my W4840's capacity (it's the biggest washer I've had so far), but its 4.0 cu ft capacity certainly isn't some magic number that can't be improved upon. A bigger drum would let me wash more bed linens and bath towels at once (we have lots of them), would let me wash more shirts at once (I have lots of those too), and would let me lift the ban on comforters larger than full-size.

What do I care how much my laundry weighs? If it fits, I wash it. Volume capacity makes more sense, I think, than the European way of expressing capacity by weight.

Bookmark   September 1, 2011 at 3:05PM
gaw1

@ sshrivastava

My statement was more that the features of the new line wouldn't cause me to delay a Miele purchase and I would go with the 4842.

Bookmark   September 2, 2011 at 11:31PM
More Discussions
which compact washer/dryer?
I really wanted the Miele touchtronic washer/dryer...
achase1961
Official Cheer HE Powder...Finally
I was so happy to find that P&G now offers Cheer...
kgdallas
Mysterious Stains on White Clothing LG front load
Hi, I've been searching for the answer to this question...
jenmenke
Need help! Research New Washer, Bravos is totally trashed.
So confused, so many conflicting opinions. It truly...
thepond
My LG FL is pilling my clothes
I have looked up every resource I know to help me with...
jessvb7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™