Favorite top-load washer with allergen or sanitary setting?

threeapplesAugust 15, 2012

I need to make a decision by tonight and am at my wits-end trying to come up with something that has this feature, but is not front-loading.

thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dave1812

why do you want a top loader???

Bookmark   August 16, 2012 at 12:47PM
threeapples

i had too many problems with mold on the rubber seal portion on my bosch front loader. i absolutely hated it and everyone i know with a front loader of any brand has this problem.

Bookmark   August 16, 2012 at 10:17PM
grapeleaves

interesting that you had mold on your bosch.
I have a 41/2 year old bosch with not a hint of mold.
I do several sanitary cyles a week and several hot cyles a week. I do not use fabric softener.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 12:34PM
gates1

I have the Lg wave force with sanitary cylce...it seems to work well, thought it does not get to 160 as advertised, LF says that is a misprint

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 2:53PM
dave1812

threeapples, I don't have ANY trouble with mold and many other FL washer owners don't, either. Chalk it up to poor care, on your part--nothing more.

Bookmark   August 18, 2012 at 2:26PM
whirlpool_trainee

Currently, the NSF home page only lists four manufacturers as having sanitizing TL washers: GE, LG, Samsung and Whirlpool/Maytag.

LG WaveForce, GE and Kenmore Elite are all basically the same unit. GE states that their Sani cycle goes up to 140F. The same might actually also be true for the other two models, esp. since gates1 said his WaveForce doesn't hit 160 as claimed.

Whirlpool and Maytag heat up to 120F, unless the cycle was changed. The key for their cycles is to add an oxy product to achieve sanitation performance, hence the cycle's name Sanitary with Oxi.

Samsung's Sanitary cycle went up to 120F, too - according to washerdryerinfo.org.

Allergene cycles on top loaders (I think that's Whirlpool only?) don't heat all that high but rather use several deep fills (like a deep-water wash and rinse) to flush out stuff.

Dryers can sanitize, too, basically over-drying lauundry on a high heat setting.

Alex

Bookmark   August 18, 2012 at 9:35PM
More Discussions
Kenmore Detergent
Has anyone seen the Kenmore Detergent at Sears? I saw...
sparky823
Official Cheer HE Powder...Finally
I was so happy to find that P&G now offers Cheer...
kgdallas
Favorite detergents again, please.
What are your favorite detergents (specify liquid or...
isherwood777
Electrolux 70 series....where's Larsi
A friend of mine is looking at Electrolux 70 series...
gates1
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™