Backsplash and window treatments.

michellemarieJanuary 28, 2014

A better photo of my roman shade and subway tile backsplash.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
StoneTech

And, your question is?

Bookmark   January 28, 2014 at 6:29PM
Lake_Girl

Did you have your roman shade custom made? Very pretty!

Bookmark   January 28, 2014 at 7:25PM
lcskaisgir

Beautiful cabinets, backsplash, counters, sink - I could go on and on!!

Bookmark   January 28, 2014 at 9:00PM
michellemarie

Thank you. My roman shade was custom made by a local lady. I really love kitchens by Jean Stoffer and when I was looking at her website, I knew I had to do a roman shade in my kitchen. One of the reasons also is that I feel my window is not tall enough and it looked really bad between my 42" uppers. I had the shade made to be an outside mount and had it installed higher than the window casing by about 6". I still feel it doesn't look right and when my husband has time I am going to have him mount it higher. I made my share of mistakes in my project and that is one of many.

Bookmark   January 28, 2014 at 10:59PM
romy718

Your kitchen is pretty. Have you done a reveal that I missed? I'd love to see more pics.

Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 12:16AM
fishymom

Lovely kitchen! If you want your Roman shade higher, and aren't sure exactly how high it should go, try mounting it at the same height as the drapery panel to the right in the photo. My friend just did a Roman shade in her kitchen and mounted it higher than the window casing as well. It looked great but she didn't like where it was mounted, just felt off to her. She also had panels on a French door on the same wall and when she remounted the Roman to the same height as the panels it looked much better.

Is that a Cafe Brown Blanco sink? I have one sitting in my living room waiting for the granite to be installed. We have decided to do ours as a drop in, like the look of the deck, but seeing your sink bumped out with the under mount makes me wish I had room to do that!

Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 6:53AM
michellemarie

I never did a reveal as this is the kitchen project that took about 5 years. And with 7 kids it is always a mess!! I would post pics on and off of my progress, but never a full reveal. I have sconces on each side of my window and I wasn't happy with the height or distance away from casing once they were installed. I could just as we'll get rid of them and have only the pendant, but since my husband keeps reminding me of how much he paid the electrician, I will live with them. My husband did raise them for me, but of course he didn't finish the job and now I have holes cut out of my Sheetrock.
My sink is a copper sink from Mexico I bought off EBay. I love it and it really was only $500 to $600.
I will try to post more pics soon. Thanks!

Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 9:24AM
laughablemoments

Oh, please do post more pictures of your lovely kitchen! : )

We too have 7 children and I'm trying to decide on what color cabinets (stained vs. painted) to put in our kitchen. Yours is one of the stains that I might consider. Have you been happy with it? (I love white, but am afraid to go that route.)

Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 10:10AM
debrak2008

I think your kitchen looks great but I would mount it higher. Could you match the height with the other window?

Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 10:25AM
More Discussions
Just got my kitchen remodel photographed by a prof. What a difference!
For some reason a couple of the pics double posted....
Tamara Hadji
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
Help needed with this beam!!!
We had part of a wall taken down in the kitchen &...
mark_rachel
Fridge against wall
I'm looking at a plan and the refrigerator is placed...
tammyte
Why are my granite edges lighter than the top?
Perhaps some of you recall my ordeal with my kitchen...
pumpkinhouse
Sponsored Products
Regent Black 120 to 170-Inch Double Curtain Rod
$94.95 | Bellacor
Oro Swag Freejack Pendant
Lightology
Blindsgalore Signature Drapery Panel: Hex Sheer
Blindsgalore
Rockford Birch Sable Dark Stained Wood Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
English Garden 84-inch Window Panel
Overstock.com