Auto shut off for front-loading high efficiency machine?

mweyandtAugust 18, 2014

I was looking on Amazon today for auto shut off valves, and saw several negative reviews and complaints about the Watts 1/2 brand not working well with front-loading, high efficiency machines. The shut off would misunderstand the last cycle and deny access to the machine for water.

Anyone have a recommendation for a better product or a workaround?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suburbanmd

I happen to know four people who've had flood disasters caused by toilet tank fill hoses. No one I know has mentioned a disaster caused by washing machine hoses, for what it's worth. Informed by that sampling, I got a whole-house leak detection system installed. It works based on flow volume and time, with separate settings for "home" and "away". With my settings, when the unit is in home mode, it'll shut off the water after 35 minutes of flow at a fast drip or more. That is, 35 minutes of a fast drip, or 35 minutes of an open pipe, or anywhere in between. In away mode, it's similar, but the threshold is 3 minutes. So I could suffer some damage, but hopefully not of the "water pouring out of basement windows" variety that I've heard about. And this covers all the pipes and fixtures and appliances in the house, not just the clothes washer.

Bookmark   August 18, 2014 at 7:58PM
More Discussions
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™