fisher paykel dryer making sounds

rambafundAugust 9, 2011

I have owned a Fisher & Paykel top loading Intuitive dryer for about 5 years. I love it. A few months ago it started to make a high pitched squeaky sound when drying. Today it is making a very loud groaning sound when drying. The groan gets much quieter if I take out half of the laundry. When I pause the laundry, the loud groan lasts several seconds as the dryer gets ready for me to open it. Does anyone know what is causing these sounds? Is it something that I can possible fix? If I need a technician to come out, what is the best way to find one who is familiar with the fisher paykel brand? Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Wear points are 1) the belt idler pulleys; 2) the main drum bearing at right center; 3) the left-side drum support bearings (ceramic bushings) on the air duct assembly. Less likely, the motor bearings. Being as load size (weight) has an effect, probably #2 and/or #3.

The main drum bearing can be replaced from inside without otherwise disassembling the machine. The other items require disassembly, which is different than other dryers and requires working space in front of the machine. The top deck raises up, the front panel comes off, remove the inner door closer mechanism and a few other wires, then the entire inner chassis tilts forward and out of the outer cabinet.

Whether you can do the repair(s) yourself depends on your mechanical ability. Parts are available via SearsPartsDirect.com, FisherPaykelParts.net (not related to F&P parent company), or possibly direct from F&P. I can send a service manual, but you don't have e-mail contact on your GardenWeb profile.

Bookmark   August 9, 2011 at 3:02PM
More Discussions
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Do any of you use Ammonia in your laundry?
A friend of mine says she uses ammonia in her wash...
mark40511
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™