Fisher Paykal GWL11 washing machine issue

fvekasAugust 19, 2012

Hello all, I need some assistance and believe someone here may be able to point me in the right direction. I have a Fisher Paykal GWL11 washing machine that we really like and have been using for several years now with no problems...However recently no matter what mode we start in ie regular, delicate so on and so on, the machine begins to fill then stops and beeps about once a second. There are 8 small lights on the panel some are lit others are not, non are flashing. If x= off and o = on then the panel from left to right looks like this, x x o o x x o o . I suspect from reading this forum this series of lights is a code.

Once the machine begins this acting up the only way I can resolve it, is to power the machine down and then re-start. I have noticed that during fill-up the water does not come out of the (what I refer to as) re-circulating output as fast as it once did. The machine does fill up but I think something is amiss. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

You have a problem with the diverter valve, which is what shifts the pumped flow to the recirculation port or to the drain hose. It's not shifting to recirculate, either due to being broken/bad or clogged with debris. The weak recirculation stream indicates some of the flow is going to the drain, which triggers the machine to refill when the water level drops below what's required for recirculation. It'll refill a couple times, then stop with a fault code (51 is the code you're seeing on the cycle progress lights).

The diverter is mounted under the tub toward the right side, sort of a triangular device (possibly inside a protective plastic bag), a couple wires connected and three hoses (from the pump, the drain hose, and the recirculation hose). Remove and examine for debris inside. If you have a volt/ohm meter for testing, it should read between 700 and 2,500 ohms depending on its temperature (cool or heated from use). Visually examine also if the linkage between the valve flapper and wax motor piston is broken.

The Perm Press cycle does not use the diverter, it skips the initial recirculation period, fills directly to the agitated wash period ... so you should be able to use Perm Press without the error occurring until you can fix the problem.

Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 2:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fvekas

Thank you very much, I will try to determine if it is clogged or broken. Thank you again.

Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 8:11PM
More Discussions
Mysterious Stains on White Clothing LG front load
Hi, I've been searching for the answer to this question...
jenmenke
Ok to only use cold water hookup on washing machine?
Hello, My washing machine is in a location with only...
jmoscone
which compact washer/dryer?
I really wanted the Miele touchtronic washer/dryer...
achase1961
My LG FL is pilling my clothes
I have looked up every resource I know to help me with...
jessvb7
Favorite detergents again, please.
What are your favorite detergents (specify liquid or...
isherwood777
Sponsored Products
Handcrafted Wide Garden Trowel
$68.00 | FRONTGATE
Floral Mod Pillow
$209.00 | Horchow
Penelope Queen Bed - PLUM/GRAY
$5,199.00 | Horchow
Kalee Deluxe Roadster Pedal Riding Toy - Blue - KL-20236
$293.25 | Hayneedle
Fisher Island Bath Bar by Philips Forecast Lighting
$212.00 | Lumens
Bella Chesterfield Sofa - APPLE
$3,799.00 | Horchow
Fisher-Price Power Wheels Kawasaki ATV Battery Powered Riding Toy - Black - W554
$262.43 | Hayneedle
Handcrafted Pointed Garden Hoe
$68.00 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™