cord minder

ionized_gwAugust 3, 2010

Does anyone know of a good ironing board cord minder that accepts a think iron cord? My mom has an iron that she likes very much, but the cord is as large as a substantial round extension cord. It is too heavy and won't clip into the cord minders that she has found.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
housefairy

Can't remember, but does the "cord minder" let the electrical cord slip through the holder, or does it hold it steady? Just thinking if you have a "cord minder" on hand you might actually use a zip tie or a velcro loop. Attach to the knot at the top of the pole. But if you use the zip tie don't pull it down too tight. You don't want to damage the cord. Just a thought, might not work.

Another thought is you might find an old model at your local Goodwill that might be set up for the bigger cords.

Bookmark   August 6, 2010 at 9:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ionized_gw

Cord minders come in both types that you mention. Some have a spiral at the end that the cord can be slipped into. Others have a clip at the top. Neither works very well with her cord. The other issue is that sometimes the cord minders cannot support the weight of the heavier cord and bend over.

Thanks for the suggestion, but a more permanent attachment of the cord wonÂt work very well either. They store the board hanging up and minder has to fold up or come off.

Bookmark   August 6, 2010 at 11:11PM
More Discussions
front loading washer doesn't get clothes clean
8 years ago I bought a GE profile front loading washing...
slogan3561
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Laundry room
I have been digging through the forums but am still...
mwinfield
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™