Feeback please on LG or Electrolux Washer / Dryer

mommy2fourAugust 22, 2011

My Kemore Elite HE3T died over the weekend. Instead of repairing I am going to replace both my washer and dryer. I have been doing my research and I am so confused as to what I should get.

My requirements:

-front loader

-stackable

-high capacity

-low vibration (2nd floor laundry room...)

I don't want to spend a lot because my washers only seem to last 5-7 years because of heavy usage. If money was no object I would probably buy a Miele.

After researching, I narrowed my list down to some LG models and called the appliance store where I bought my kitchen appliances. He gave me some prices along with the following specials being offered right now:

LG2350 $825 - $50 rebate; matching dryer $800

Electrolux EIFLW55 - $700; matching dryer $725

delivery, stacking and hauling away old appliances included

The person I spoke with said they have had good feedback on the Electrolux. He also mentioned LG customer service isn't too good.

I would appreicate any feedback, especially if you own one of these two models.

Thanks! Ann

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kellycrash

I currently have the Electrolux. I am not sure of the model #, but I think mine was a bit more expensive than what you're mentioning. Love it. Would be fine for a 2nd floor laundry.

I have used a GE washer/dryer in a rental house that was made by LG. I hated it. The technician that came out to service it said I should separate my laundry by weight. Like do towels by themselves and not mix it up with clothing. I always do mixed loads so I thought that was annoying. There was a lot of movement and he said the machine was balanced perfectly. He had to replace the boot / rubber gasket thing. I wasn't pleased at all with the machine. So based on that experience I wouldn't touch an LG.

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 12:10PM
More Discussions
Dryer: Changing from gas to electric?
Hi, Wondering what the experiences of folks who have...
dan_no_9
Does Persil Liquid ProClean from Walmart USA contain....
optical brighteners. Their website is next to useless...
spicy19
How to access Program Mode in Miele W3038
After almost four years without a washer yesterday...
recordaras
Official Cheer HE Powder...Finally
I was so happy to find that P&G now offers Cheer...
kgdallas
Affresh vs. Washer Magic
We've had our Duet for about two months, and so far/so...
chipshot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™