Where can you buy HVAC putty?

shadetree_programmerDecember 20, 2007

I've posted this under another thread and haven't been getting much success. I need to know where you can purcahse HVAC putty (not mastic or cork tape).

I've already checked a half of a dozen Home Depot and Lowe's and they don't carry it. www.uri.com usually has all the HVAC supplies I need just not this!

Any links or store names would be appreciated!


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo


As a former Home Depot employee, Home Depot stocks this item. You can find it in the electrical department. It comes as a rectangular slab in a clear packaging. It is grey in color. I went thru the same deal when I was looking for it.

Happy Holidays

Dan Martyn

    Bookmark   December 20, 2007 at 1:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

We call it perma gum.

    Bookmark   December 20, 2007 at 2:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Just curious. I haven't heard of this before. How is it used and how does it differ from mastic?


    Bookmark   December 20, 2007 at 4:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo


This product is typically used for sealing piping penetrations. Penetrations thru the side of the house, including electrical conduit. Used inside for sealing penetrations where the line set penetrates to the DX coil. It does not harden, and is easily removed when needed. Don't get too carried away using it, it has limited purposes.

Hope that helps,

Happy Holidays!

Dan Martyn

    Bookmark   December 21, 2007 at 7:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

around here it's called duct seal, funny as I have never seen anyone use it to seal ducts.

    Bookmark   December 22, 2007 at 10:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Johnstone supply

    Bookmark   January 12, 2008 at 9:43AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Carrier Greenspeed 25VNA Massachusetts Cold Weather Data
Hello Everyone, I wish I had had this information prior...
Navian condensing combi, good or bad?
Hi, I am looking into converting from oil to gas and...
carrier infinity with greenspeed service settings
We just built a new home in central Kansas this year,...
Insulating floor on my raised home in Louisiana.
We recently installed solar panels on our home. We...
Mike_home, is this a good idea? re: thermostat
@mike_home, You wrote this back in 2012 and I just...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™