Where to find a Good stand-alone Hanging Rod?

nostalgicfarmAugust 7, 2014

I am trying to get a basement laundry/utility room workable before we get moved in in a few weeks. We are a family of 5, so a lot of laundry! I like to fold/hang clothes during the week and put everything away once or twice a week. Needing your suggestions on a good laundry rod about 4-6 feet long that won't fall apart? The $30 ones at WallyWorld just look like they would break if I put my 4 year olds t-shirts on them! I am in Nebraska with NO Container Store, but I would be glad to order from IKEA/Container Store/Amazon. I just don't want to fight junk. (Although it doesn't need to be madeout or platinum either!)
Thanks Everyone!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Have you thought about getting a shower curtain rod and mounting it from the ceiling or between 2 post? I don't know what your basement looks like, mine is unfinished. But a shower curtain rod is a finished rod and could be mounted nicely in a finished room I would think.

Bookmark   August 7, 2014 at 3:48PM
nostalgicfarm

Enduring-That is a good idea. Unfortunately I don't think my husband wouldlike that. We have tehabed this whole house, and he is being particular about anything coming in must be very nice.

Bookmark   August 7, 2014 at 7:28PM
beaglenc

I have a clothes rack made of metal that I got from Target. It is expandable, on wheels and folds for storage. If you don't have a store near you, you can order it online.

Bookmark   August 8, 2014 at 4:19AM
enduring

I get the "every thing must very nice". Have you done a search on Houzz for what you are looking for? They often list what the elements are that are shown. Open the particular image you like and there are usually a bunch of questions and answers related to the pic. Post one that you like here to help us see your vision.

Bookmark   August 8, 2014 at 8:03AM
homepro01

Have you seen the Sheila maid? Nice and functional depending on how large your space is.
Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sheilamaid

Bookmark   August 8, 2014 at 9:30AM
nostalgicfarm

Thanks everyone! After going through Home Depot for the zillionth time during this rehab, I passed the wire/plastic closet organizers. I think I will ask Hubby if he will install the brackets for it with cement screws...then I canhave a nice hanging rod and another section with shelves for baskets!
I sshould stay off Houzz, the laundry is in an unfinished basement...I just know my husband wouldn't go for something hanging from the ceiling. So for now, I just work with the space I have...and finish it later!

Bookmark   August 8, 2014 at 9:05PM
More Discussions
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Laundry room
I have been digging through the forums but am still...
mwinfield
Do any of you use Ammonia in your laundry?
A friend of mine says she uses ammonia in her wash...
mark40511
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™