"urgent" bin of some sort in laundry room?

glitter_and_gunsAugust 11, 2014

I have 2 teen daughters and an unfortunately small laundry room that is a walk through from the garage into the kitchen. School is about to start and I am going to have a couple of sports uniforms that are going to need 24-48 hour turn around time. Also some of the club/group shirts will sometimes be needed within a couple of days from last wear. I have decided that I probably need some kind of "urgent" laundry container in the laundry area. Due to size, I think it is going to need to be wall mount - I was thinking maybe a wire basket (breathable).

Does anyone have any suggestions? How does your family handle urgent laundry needs?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
springroz

Put them directly in the washer.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 8:43AM
oregpsnow

Have your daughters wash them.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 3:22PM
housefairy

The Elfa system uses "tracks" that you mount on the wall. They have baskets and you could change it at a future date when your needs change. The container store sells this brand. But you could probably find similar stuff at the local home improvement store. Just look for systems that are marketed toward closets.

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 1:39AM
Cavimum

Breathable is definitely what you want. I also recommend looking at your local Home Depot/Lowe's/whatever for the vinyl coated wire baskets than can be mounted on the wall, found in the closets or storage/organization aisle.

Below is a link to what I have used in the past:

Here is a link that might be useful: wall mounted wire storage basket

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 10:06PM
glitter_and_guns

Thanks for the suggestion about washing right away or having daughters wash them. Problem being for uniforms we will get in from some games around midnight and I don't want the washer running then. For the "urgent" shirts or whatever that pops up during the week, I would like for them to go in with a regular load if possible, not a single item load if we can avoid it. We are a very involved family and sometimes we don't have anyone home long enough to wash/dry them. Everyone in the family is very good about doing a load or two when they have time. We just need a system where whoever has time can see what is most urgent.

I love the idea of wire mounted basket of some sort, and am going to look into that. Thank you both very much for pointing me in that direction.

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 3:52PM
More Discussions
front loading washer doesn't get clothes clean
8 years ago I bought a GE profile front loading washing...
slogan3561
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™