My Leather Fetish (pics heavy, warning)
Here I go again, coming up with strange ways of doing things.
In the Mango thread, mango leather was mentioned.
Speaking of Mangos, ---- pineapples, strawberries, cantaloupes, peaches ---everything is in season, soon you will be overwhelmed with tomatoes.
Yes! Make leather!
Let me share with you my way of making fruit leather.
1. From a craft store you can buy 1/4" x 1/4" wood sticks.
2. Miter the corners and glue into a wood frame.
3. Using Scotch Tape to stretch supermarket veggie plastic bags on the frame.
4. Pour fruit puree on the plastic and dehydrate.
5. There is no need for oil on the plastic, Fruit leather will not stick to the plastic. It peels off very easily.
6. If you set your dehydrator at the highest temperature and run it longer, you will get crispy fruit chips, crispy just like potato chips.
Speaking of "Snack Addiction", crispy fruit chips are my addiction.
Speaking of "Grammy's In Trouble", crispy fruit chips are popular with children.
You can get fancy and box them for wonderful gifts.