Worried about laundry in upstairs closet- Need advice

icenetJuly 5, 2010

Hi All,

We are about to move into a townhouse that has the laundry upstairs in a closet. We want to replace the existing washer/dryer will a larger LG combo.

If I stack the LGs, they will stick out from the door jam by about 2". I guess we can remove the door and just leave it off. I don't think it is possible to expand the closet dimensions in any direction.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Do you think have the combo protruding is a bad idea? Any other info will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calliope

Only one, and it has nothing to do with that unit. We once bought a (brand new) unit in a condominium and found out that they vented the dryer to the attic space. LOL. The builders couldn't get enough units sold to close in a timely manner and we converted to renting until we bought a house. That was a blessing in disguise.

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 12:45AM
apalmieri

You can build out the doorway molding and re-hang the doors. Having the units stick out 2"'s would annoy me. I have to keep my door ajar when I am letting the front load washer dry out (to prevent the smell and mold), but I can close it when I want.

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 4:24PM
icenet

Seems as if building the door out would stick out worse than just letting the w/d stick out and removing the door. No?

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 5:09PM
More Discussions
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Electrolux 60 Series #3
Well let this be a fyi. People do not ever purchase...
Mark
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™