Whatâs the rectangular hole in back of new Miele dryer?

moejavaJuly 20, 2013

Hi!

Does anyone know what this rectangular opening in the back of my just-delivered Miele T8003 dryer is?? It is supposed to be there?? The attached picture is looking at the lower left corner of the back of the dryer.

Neither the operating instructions nor installation instructions mention it, or show it their diagrams.
The rectangular hole is also visible in this video that someone else made from unpacking their T8003: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PyKkui0klk&feature=youtu.be
(See times 0:55 and 3:55)

Anyone know what the hole is?
Shouldn't it be covered?
If not, why not?
If so, where has my cover gone?

If the last question sounds a little paranoid, itâÂÂs because IâÂÂm trying to be! The appliance storeâÂÂs delivery guys took off with our washerâÂÂs âÂÂshipping struts,â even though Miele actually provides straps to store them on the back of the machine. So I'm actually anxious to find out if this is another part that is missing due to careless delivery guys.

Thanks for any insight you are able to lend!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rococogurl

It's a port for diagnostic electronics which are optional. If you look on the website there's an explanation. Washer also has it.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 9:10AM
moejava

Thanks rococogirl,
Indeed, the washer has one too.

So is that the "PC update" port (used by technicians), or the port for a "RemoteVision" device (to stay in touch with Miele HQ), or (most likely) both?

Still looks like something that ought to have a cover.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 11:39AM
fahrenheit_451

It's the RemoteVision port. Miele tech's attach their laptops via the front control panel fascia (PC update) for service calls, firmware updates, and service diagnostics.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 1:16PM
More Discussions
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
Electrolux new updated LOGO 2015
Electrolux is updating their LOGO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQYZ_oWCp0...
georgect
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™