My Gain Sweet Sizzle ('Downy April Fresh scent' stash

larsi_gwJuly 8, 2012

Just in case P&G cancels or adds a very unwanted "fresh twist" to my now beloved Gain Sweet Sizzle scent...I am stocking up!!! I am up to about 35 bottles!!! LOL I know, I know...Crazy, but it smells just like my childhood and my Mom and Grandma's house. I cannot stop smelling my sheets and towels!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
georgect

LOL...good for you larsi.

I did buy my Gain Fireworks fragrance booster because of your "Downy Like" scent find...and I think your right.

It's pretty close to the original Downy scent (before they went and f'ed it up).

You're going to be smelling April Fresh for a very long time with that stash. LOL, I love it.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 9:33AM
larsi_gw

@ georgect....:)) I love it. Cannot get enough of the old April Fresh Smell. Still hoping P&G will one day, come to their senses and bring back the old, original Downy.

I dump an ENTIRE bottle of Sweet Sizzle into a large bottle of unscented Downy softener, let is sit for a day and then shake like crazy. It turns pink, instead of blue...but smells just like the Downy I love. I also add some crystals to the wash, in addition to using my new liquid formula. Happy, Happy Laundry!!! ;))

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 10:23AM
gates1

I sure wish this product would give me the same results. maybe it is because your disolving it in fabric softern first. I may try again and Im not so easily discouraged

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 12:15PM
georgect

gates1...what do you mean? Does it not smell like Downy to you at all (on clothes not from the bottle)?

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 12:19PM
mara_2008

larsi, can you spell c-o-m-p-u-l-s-i-o-n? ;)

One thing's certain: If the economy implodes, you won't have to worry about buying fabric softener. LOL

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 8:09AM
gates1

Geogect.....nop it doesnt smell like downy at all. It has a bug spray smell to it and gives me a headache. My friends even said the same thing as I did try it on some clothes. I have better luck washing in Tide alone and using a april fresh dryer sheet

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 9:56AM
More Discussions
Need help! Research New Washer, Bravos is totally trashed.
So confused, so many conflicting opinions. It truly...
thepond
My LG FL is pilling my clothes
I have looked up every resource I know to help me with...
jessvb7
Define "Dark"/Woolite for Dark Colors
My bad. I should have called the company and asked...
monicakm_gw
Speed Queen washer
When you all are discussing your Speed Queen, did you...
maylingsmom
New Tide Turbo Clean HE
Seeing coupons for this in my paper. Is it their response...
kclv
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™