what type hose for steam feature on new dryer?

tracey_bJuly 22, 2010

I just bought a Maytag Bravos w/d. I didn't think to ask my question at the store, so I hope someone here can help me. I figure the w/d comes with the required hoses, however, I want to replace replace them up front with stainless hoses (we've had a burst hose before). Question is--what type of hose for the dryer? Is it the same kind (fitting on the ends) as the ones for the washer? I want to have them on hand for when they get delivered to the new house.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I think the dryer comes with all the necessary accessories already supplied.


Here is a link that might be useful: Installation Instructions

    Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 12:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for the link, Alex! I was wanting to replace the rubber hoses with longer-lived stainless hoses on the washer, so wanted to on the dryer also. However, it looks like the one for the dryer has a special "bent" end where it attaches to the dryer.

    Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 5:56PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Need help choosing a large capacity washer- whats the least bad option
I really want a Miele or a Speed Queen. That said,...
Official Cheer HE Powder...Finally
I was so happy to find that P&G now offers Cheer...
Tide Turbo Clean Detergent
Has anyone tried the new tide turbo clean line. I saw...
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
Sponsored Products
Cream Moroccan Tile Brushed Nickel Swing Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Exterior Collections Wall Mount Lantern
$96.00 | Bludot
Grandfield Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Lithonia Lighting Ceiling Mounted Lighting 9 in. Fluorescent Brushed Nickel
Home Depot
Greenington | Currant Nightstand
Diamond Pintuck 18-inch Decorative Pillows (Set of 2)
Hudson Valley Lighting 5212-AGB-WS Morris Aged Brass Wall Sconce
Littman Bros Lighting
2nd Avenue Lighting Fonda Four-Light Vanity Light
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™