What information is missing from my AC replacement quotes
I have handled all home repairs for the last 31 years.
I am struggling with choosing an AC replacement for the present home.
The home is clapboard construction with many windows in Connecticut. The oil heat services a 2900 sq foot home.
I would appreciate any guidance in how to decipher the following AC quotes.
Company X offers the following:
We propose to furnish the necessary labor and materials, for the replacement of the three existing hydro-air style HVAC systems, too more efficient and up to date equipment / systems. Quality Bryant air-handlers w/ECM motors and add-on cased hot water reheat coils with AirBear air filtration.
- Demolition, disposal, and removal of existing equipment and systems
- Bryant high efficient AHU's w/ hot-water cased coils and AirBear air-filtration
- Bryant 15+ Seer rated efficiency condensing units located on slate platforms
- Duct-work to consist of plenums and transitions as necessary
- New refrigeration piping for the main floor system; the other two line-sets will be flushed.
- EWC zone control system will be installed on the first-floor main system. (three zones total) Utilizing digital programmable thermostats throughout
- Hot water and condensate piping
- Low voltage wiring and terminations
- Systems start and test
Total cost 28,850
Company two offers two SEER ratings a 16 and a 13:
The second quote offers two different seers and an option to install an additional zone/damper/stats
Bryant 16 SEER 2.5 tons legacy series AC w/puron 116BNA030
Bryant 16 SEER 3.5 tons legacy....... 116BNA042
Bryant legacy mutlipoise fan coil w/puron FX4DNF031T
Bryant legacy multipoise fan coil w puron FX4DNB043T
coper insulated lineset
condensate pump 15ft 115 V with safety switch
PvC condensate drain
goliath 30 x60 secondary drain pan with sfety float switch protection
outodoor unit pad
supply plenium adaptor
return air plenium adaptor
2v row hydro heat coil w/duct transition
labor to install
electric not included
cost is 13,875
a two zone system panel /dampers/stats trans wiring complete model 2 zone system is 1,420.
If we do a 13 SEEER system the cost would be 11,800
Any thoughts on AIr conditioner education would be appreciated.