Solenoid valve replacement for humidifier

Jeff_in_ColoradoNovember 26, 2011


Anyone know if I can purchase any brand solenoid valve to replace one for the following humidifier? $110!


I am assuming that the solenoid valve is just an electric switch for the valve, so why not find something cheaper?



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Their prices seem a little steep. Clicked on a link for a humidistat. Their price: $76.00; Home Depot: $30.00.

    Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 4:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

"is just an electric switch for the valve"

No, it is a valve with an electrical actuator.

That is a ridiculous price though.

    Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 5:42PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
In Floor Radiant Heat for Two Story
My husband and I are buying an old house with radiators....
Geothermal vs Carrier Greenspeed
I am looking to replace my current Heatpump. I have...
Enery efficiency of exposed ductwork?
What are your thoughts on the energy efficiency of...
What in the world is this thing? (Water furnace) And I need a new one?
Hi. So my new condo has an ancient thing I've been...
Heat pump choices for first timer. Advice??
Hello, First post, great place you all have here. We...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™