experiences with pexheat.com

danvirsseNovember 3, 2011

Hi, We are in the midst of a total renovation of a 1838 brick bungalow. Over the winter, we will be installing the new heating system. We are intending to use a hydronic pex radiant floor system. The majority of the project will be DIY, as DH and I both have a variety of skills. We've been considering using pexheat.com for the system design and materials. Have any of you had experiences with the company that you'd care to relate? Thanks much.

Danvirsse

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
1hillbilly

Please explain pexheat. Is it hot water with the pipes under the floor and runs on an outside furnace. Thats what I have but don't know it as pexheat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Homesteading

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 4:31PM
danvirsse

1hillbilly, It will be a radiant floor heat system, but in our case, a high effeciency gas fired boiler will be the heat source. Pexheat.com is a company on the web that offers materials and design services. We were wondering if anyone had experiences with the particular company.
Thanks

Bookmark   November 4, 2011 at 11:25AM
pjb999

Google the name, or try combinations like 'companyname sucks' 'companyname issues' 'don't use companyname'

I usually do so before dealing with anyone for anything major, you'd be surprised.

Having said that, you will probably ONLY ever hear the negatives, not many people who aren't shills bother to mention good experiences.

Bookmark   November 4, 2011 at 5:03PM
More Discussions
Baseboard heater thermostats
We are looking to install (2) 120v baseboard heaters...
stephja007
Pls tell me the best uses for Carrier Air Handler Model # FV4CNF003
Hi GW, I am stuck with a new 2012 air handler/heat...
ontariomom
furnace condensation freezing up
A non-profit club that I belong to has a furnace that...
doglover3
How to heat this room?
Hi folks! First post in this forum. I live in ec Iowa....
sparky_10
Heat pump choices for first timer. Advice??
Hello, First post, great place you all have here. We...
adayrider
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™